April 2011 Moms

Should I get DD a jumperoo for Christmas?

DD has the Baby Einstein exersaucer but lately she's been trying to jump around like crazy in it, and jumping all over our laps and while she's sitting by herself. I keep thinking she may really enjoy it.

We have the exersaucer already, though. I feel it may be too similar and she may also become totally disinterested in both once she starts crawling. I don't know - I can't decide. Help me decide.

What do you guys think?

TTC #2
BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
ME: 40 yrs.old
DH: 41 yrs.old
DD: 5 yrs.

Re: Should I get DD a jumperoo for Christmas?

• DS flippin loves his jumparoo.  He loves his exersaucer, too, but he likes that when he's feeling more mellow and wants to play with all the toys on the tray; he can spin around and have all kinds of toys around him while he is sitting upright (hates to be on the floor as he can only play with one while holding himself up). 

The jumparoo is more for when he's all restless and needs to get some of that baby energy out.  He gets his "exercise" in the jumparoo.  So I find they serve two different functions and both are good for him.

Hope that helps.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTwinkieFiend:

DS flippin loves his jumparoo.  He loves his exersaucer, too, but he likes that when he's feeling more mellow and wants to play with all the toys on the tray; he can spin around and have all kinds of toys around him while he is sitting upright (hates to be on the floor as he can only play with one while holding himself up). 

The jumparoo is more for when he's all restless and needs to get some of that baby energy out.  He gets his "exercise" in the jumparoo.  So I find they serve two different functions and both are good for him.

Hope that helps.

That does help but now I want Twinkies. ;)

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Loading the player...
  • DS loves his jumperoo.  He squeals as soon as we put him in it and jumps like crazy to the point his feet come off the floor.  When we turn the music on he starts bobbing and dancing.  We got ours from a consignment sale and paid about half the price of new.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like pp's suggestion of buying one used.  I don't remember how long ds used his jumperoo, but I think that you might be at the 1/2 way point of using one already.  (unless money and space are no object, then I'd say go for it-ds LOVED his jumparoo and dd enjoys it too)
  • I would get it - Liam loves his jumperoo so much that we almost had to go out and buy one on vacation last week, all he wanted to do was jump. I figure once they start crawling, it will be nice to have some sort of container while you shower, etc, so it might be good to have 2 if you have multiple levels. 
  • The jumperoo is baby crack.  I honestly don't know how parents survive without one.  Without our jumperoo I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything.
  • We love our jumperoo, but my only concern would be that I don't know how much longer it's going to get used.  My girls are starting to fight being put in it now that they are getting more mobile (although we still do it when we need to get something done like getting ready for work in the mornings).
  • my son never really liked it.  I'm trying to sell it right now. You should get it used for sure, there are so many for sale on craigslist...

now that he is toddling, he has no desire to be confined like that.

• My son loves it, but I feel like he is about to outgrow it and he is seven months.  I think you would only use it for a few months.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"