Baby Showers

2 shower question

So I'm having 2 showers, one for H's family and one for mine. I'm ok with 2 people wanting to do 2 different showers since it is on different sides of our families.

My question is......my friends, well they can come to either. I want to invite them to both in case they just want to watch and hang out. Is it ok to say, I'm inviting you to both, you can come to both or just one, either way I don't expect double presents or anything?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 shower question

• 1, there's no rule as to how many showers OTHERS want to throw for you, so long as you're not the one throwing your own baby shower.

2, I get what you mean, but it's seen as a faux pas to invite guests to more than one shower, even if it's clear they don't have to buy you two separate gifts. Also, keep in mind that your not the one paying for the party so remember to be mindful of your host and their finances. Ask both hosts how many guests they can accomodate and go from there. You can either you invite all of your friends to one baby shower or split your group up btwn the two showers. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would just invite the friends to one shower each.  You can split them up or all at one, but not both.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Invite them to one. Seriously, your friends are NOT going to want to sit thru 2 showers for you. Really, they won't. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Guests should be invited to only one shower.  MILs, mothers and sometimes grandmothers "want" to attend all showers.  I'd ask them if they want to go to the other shower.  As for your friends...just pick one and invite them to that.  You could always ask them if there is a date they prefer and invite them to that shower.
  • I am having 2 showers...one traditional, girly shower and one couples shower.  2 of my good friends are wives of my husband's good friends, so will definitely be at the couples shower (one of them is throwing it for us).  But I still wanted them to be a part of my traditional shower and just told them I was sending an invite and if they couldn't make it I understood but if they could then great.  They both WANT to come to both.

Maybe it's a little different because it's 2 diff types of showers, but only you know your friends.  If one of my BFF's was having 2 showers, I would want go to both.  I don't know why people say "no one will want to go to both" like they can read minds...I love showers and I love my friends and would want to celebrate with them as much as possible!

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• I'm also having two showers but I won't invite the same people to both, except for my mom, MIL and both SIL that live in town.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I wouldn't invite them to both of your showers..just one.
  • I wouldn't "officially" invite them to both showers, but maybe, for your close-close friends, talk to the hostesses and see if they are fine with a couple extras and then informally invite your friends.  Every situation is different and making a blanket statement of "no one wants to go to two showers" is really presumptuous!  My best friend is coming to both of my showers, she asked if she could.  If she had had 4 showers, I would have gone to all of hers.  Not because I felt like I had to, but because, she's my best friend and I enjoy celebrating life events with her.  Only you know your friends and can make the decision.  Plus, they are your friends, there is nothing wrong with talking to them about it first to find out which they would prefer to come to and maybe some will say they want to attend both.

• I am in a similar situation. I chose one shower to invite friends to (broke it into groups they would know and spilt them between showers) when the first group was ivited and a couple people couldn't make it, BUTexpressed that they were sad about it I let them know that if they wanted to they could come to the other shower. To be clear: this does not mean that every "no" RSVP was told to attend another shower! Just the few close friends that really wanted to come to one but aren't/weren't available for the date of the one I inteded.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"