Cloth Diapering
Options

Question about my BG XS - defect?

I got a bunch of BG XS used and I believe they were sold as defects on Cottonbabies originally (they have a black permanent marker X on the tags). I didn't notice anything "off" about them until now, when I'm actually putting them to use. Out of the 12 I have, about 1/3 have the rough, hook & loop side of aplix as a little patch on the inside of the back. I'm guessing this is the area to affix the tabs for laundry, but the other 2/3 have that patch, but it's the smooth, soft part of aplix.

I'm hesitant to use the ones that have the rough patch b/c it doesn't look like it would be comfortable on DS's skin.

Can anyone tell me if these are indeed defects? Hopefully my descriptions make sense!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about my BG XS - defect?

• Options
    That sounds like a defect to me, could you put some sort of liner between the rough aplix and baby, or sew a soft patch over the aplix?
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

Is it for sure the hard bristely side of the velcro? The newer version of BG has better velcro, and some people have complained that it seems too rough. It softens up over time if that is the case and it doesn't actually cause irritation in most babies. And the others could be the older version with older laundry tabs (not like velcro at all, but a small patch of suedecloth?)

ETA : Just kidding, I went back and reread and what you describe sounds like a defect and I would email cottonbabies because seconds should actually be usable. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you have a seam ripper of small scissors, you can probably pick out the stitches and remove it.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nope, that's not a defect. My brand new BG XS diapers are like that too. Strangely, my white ones have a super soft laundry tab, but my grasshopper ones have a more rough velcro feeling tab.  I asked here on the board and also called the company. Everyone said it will NOT hurt your baby's skin and that the rougher tabs are normal.  I thought it was weird, too. 

• Options
    I asked about it here (and on my blog) too and got a lot of responses that it was normal. Some people suggested sewing a small piece of fleece over it as a solution. A lot of people said they use them just fine though. I will give them a shot and if it's a problem, I'll use fleece. 
  • Options
    imageTinyTeacher:

Nope, that's not a defect. My brand new BG XS diapers are like that too. Strangely, my white ones have a super soft laundry tab, but my grasshopper ones have a more rough velcro feeling tab.  I asked here on the board and also called the company. Everyone said it will NOT hurt your baby's skin and that the rougher tabs are normal.  I thought it was weird, too. 

Bizarre! Yeah, some colors of mine have the super soft laundry tab. The blues and oranges have the rough patch though. I'll give them a try and keep a close eye to make sure they're not too rough.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"