Attachment Parenting
Options

Paris update

I'm back from the big trip. We have an apartment and a preschool lined up and about 5 weeks to go before the big move. Yay!

In addition to being absurdly efficient on the big-life-question front, I also picked up a nasty sinus infection. So, I'll try to post more when I don't feel like my head is about to explode. If anyone has any tried & true homeopathic sinus remedies, please share them. I've been using the neti pot, but am so miserable I may have to call the doctor tomorrow for antibiotics. I'd love to avoid that...

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paris update

• Options

I was going to say neti pot...Hope you're feeling better.

And that's awesome that you're all set up for Paris! I'm sure you're going to love it.

• Options

I've had great results with adding a few drops of Grapefruit Seed extract into my neti pot.  Cleared up my sinus infections really quickly.  Just a heads up though, it's really nasty if any of the solution gets into your mouth.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Glad everything went well for you in Paris.

As for the sinuses, my favorite remedy is putting my head over a bowl of peppermint tea and breathing in the steam. Sometimes I put a towel over my head as well. It looks ridiculous, but helps relieve some of the pressure. 

• Options

Glad you got so much accomplished on the trip! Did you end up taking DD with you, or did you find someone for her to stay with?

And I vote for just calling the doc. Granted, I have terrible sinuses, but I've tried every natural whatever out there & always end up having to get an antibiotic once it gets to the infection point.  

• Options
    imagematildasun:

Glad everything went well for you in Paris.

As for the sinuses, my favorite remedy is putting my head over a bowl of peppermint tea and breathing in the steam. Sometimes I put a towel over my head as well. It looks ridiculous, but helps relieve some of the pressure. 

I'm glad everything went well, too! I was going to second what matildasun said and also add that you can use peppermint essential oils the same way--put some drops on a hot washcloth or in the shower, etc.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

So happy for you that things went well, home and daycare are the essential things when moving :-) Looking forward to hearing more, where are you guys going to live? (been to Paris enough to know my way around)

Sorry about the sinus infection, that is what often happens with a lot of flying, boooh. Over here DD got an ear infection and have been throwing up all night and morning, I feel so sorry for her (she is finally sleeping right now).

Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Options

Way to get the move organized! I love reading your updates.

Hope you feel better soon; honey is my favorite cure all (but we keep bees so I'm biased).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting everything sorted out! As for the sinus infection (or pretty much any ailment), I highly recommend a few teaspoons of Manuka honey a day to cure it. You might be able to find it at a health foods store in your city but I buy mine on Amazon with 2 day shipping. FYI, I would get Wedderspoon's organic Manuka in 16+ MHF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"