Northern California Babies

Gift Ideas

For those impossible people on your list.

My ILs and my Uncle are the last two I don't know what to get for them.

Any ideas? Already doing H stuff, so I've got that part covered. They have EVERYTHING!!!!

What do you get for those hard to buy for people on your list(s)?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Gift Ideas

• gift cards, for restaurant, movies, or even coffee. who doesn't love to treat themselves?

or, a nice bottle of wine or olive oil

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • It is so hard!  My in-laws fall in that camp.  They have everything, and can buy anything they want.  My MIL is not a big fan of gift cards, so that is out for the most part.  I gave them a calendar with pics of the kids last year, but I didn't see it anywhere in the past year so I'm not going to bother with it this year.

Wine is always good, or a nice bottle of champagne/sparkling to gear up for New Year's.  Or a nice decanter.  Love the olive oil idea too - those bottles can look really nice.  DH likes to get cigars for his dad.

• Loading the player...
  • Wine is a good thing.

What about a calendar of something they like? (pets, flowers, sports, etc).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageabvernon:

Wine is a good thing.

What about a calendar of something they like? (pets, flowers, sports, etc).

Wine would be GREAT, if any of them drank, lol.

ILs are getting a calendar of H.

Gift cards don't go over well with this crew...they just don't get used or get given back to us a month later. ARGH.

My Uncle is tech handicapped, a huge sports fan that has season tickets to everything, more gear than you could ever need, is a bachelor, has a closet full of clothes that still have tags on them and seriously has everything. His own daughter is drawing blanks. ... My budget for him is around $30-$40. Are there any hot blue rays or books that are a must have right now?

The In-Laws have EVERYTHING and they buy whatever they want, whenever they want. I asked MIL for any ideas for the two of them and she said all they wanted for Hannukah is for us to come over. Argh. They travel a lot so any ideas in that area would be great. MIL has a Kindle, otherwise I'd buy one for her in a heart beat. We all (sibs incl) got FIL a nice ass camera for his 60th this year right before their Italy trip. I would love to buy him lessons for that, but he won't go. Argh. They have everything their kitchen could possibly hold, but are avid in that area. Even host cooking classes in their home with some local caterers. Budget is around $150 for the couple....or whatever if you have the perfect idea!

Why can't I just buy two bottles of Silver Oak and be done with it?

Please keep the ideas coming.....if you have impossible people post here and we'll all brainstorm together. =)

• Since your ILs love to cook, but have every gadget that they need, have you thought about some sort of home delivery service---veggies & fruits, meats, organic meats, and such?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDoxieGal:
    Since your ILs love to cook, but have every gadget that they need, have you thought about some sort of home delivery service---veggies & fruits, meats, organic meats, and such?  

yeah, or a subscription for a month or so to a csa?

for your MIL, maybe a cool new kindle cover? They sell great ones on etsy. On the same lines, you could get a camera strap for your FIL. 

What kind of camera is it? Can you get a new lens? (could share this gift with others in the family, maybe) or a flash? or a new case? Can you somehow 'steal' some of his trip photos and have some prints made from mpix.com or some other high quality print place?

Can you give your ILs your 'service' for something? One year for Xmas John and his sisters and I gave his parents a day of service (they asked for it) we did LOTS of chores, etc around the house. Cleaned out the pantry, etc. John moved a bunch of furniture, cleaned the gutters.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • donate to a charity in their name, get a salvation army angel in their name, something like that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My in-laws also have everything, and buy anything they want.  We are getting them an ink drawing with watercolors of their house.  

We're using this artist from etsy.  He is my very good friend's husband.  Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How about a Scentsy wickless candle? Does your uncle have a favorite college team? We have warmers for most campuses and lots of scents to choose from. I sell Scentsy so let me know if you want more info.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJLW10:

How about a Scentsy wickless candle? Does your uncle have a favorite college team? We have warmers for most campuses and lots of scents to choose from. I sell Scentsy so let me know if you want more info.  

Wow i Sell it too! where are you at in nor cal? 

• What kind of books do they like?  If they are into (or anyone else) military/political thriller types DH and I recently stumbled upon a fab author, or which I will have to dig out a book in the morning since my 1am brain can't remember the entire thingEmbarrassed

Would any of them be cool with you adopting a family for the holidays in their name?  Or if anyone is religious donating to a place of worship, school, ect?  Did the uncle go to a big sports school?  Maybe see if they do donations for anything sport related, some place you can "buy" seats, or some other random whatever, sounds like he'd think that was cool.

• Thank you all for the great ideas....definitely gave me some that I'm going to explore more!

• imageTrue love since 5/7/99:
    imageJLW10:

How about a Scentsy wickless candle? Does your uncle have a favorite college team? We have warmers for most campuses and lots of scents to choose from. I sell Scentsy so let me know if you want more info.  

Wow i Sell it too! where are you at in nor cal? 

Yep, I'm in the Sacramento area. Where are you? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"