April 2012 Moms
Options

No nursery for this babe

I'm a bit jealous that y'all are planning your nurseries!  I remember doing it for DD and though it was stressful (total first world problem), it was pretty fun!

We were hoping to be in another house by the time we had #2, but that didn't work.  So the kiddos are going to have to share a tiny room.  So instead of planning a nursery for this kiddo, I'm trying to find out how to make the current NURSERY furniture into LIVING ROOM furniture so we can stick another crib in the actual nusery.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: No nursery for this babe

• Options
    Us either.  We have a 3 bedroom with 2 bonus rooms that are currently occupied as DH's office and the playroom.  Can't really justify giving either of those up right now.  We have a small "sitting room" outside our bedroom and the crib will go in there.  I expect baby will be in our room for awhile, though.  I already have everything I need from my kids too, so no need to buy anything else.  It's a little boring, but liberating too.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    We are actually moving DD to the guest bedroom, painting her walls, got her new bedroom furniture and all. I really want to take the wall paper down and the decor stickers off and change them up for this new baby. No need to change the paint color. I feel like this baby deserves a little bit of something new, consider I'm not having a baby shower and all.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This baby is going to be sharing a room with DD, but I am still so excited because we have to completely redo the room anyway. DD's room was hot pink and VERY girly, we're going to take down the border and decals and paint the room some shade of grey.

When I was pregnant with DD we didn't move into our home until a month before she was born and I was so bummed hearing about everyone else decorating LO's room.

So this time i'm excited that even though this baby won't have his own room at least we get to do some redecorating :)

BabyFetus Ticker 
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS#2 is getting 1/2 a nursery, but it's going to double as our guest room. But i totally understand the space-planning issue. We have no idea what we're doing about our office. I have to keep reminding myself to keep things in perspective that there are large families who live in one room all over the world.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine doesn't get one for a while for an entirely different reason.  The room I've got planned for the nursery is currently being lived in by BIL's gf and she'll likely be there until March.  I don't even have room to store nursery things right now.

Stupid home renos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"