Blended Families

How do you stay positive?

We are having some BM drama and everytime she starts up with her antics, I find them very disruptive to our lives.  How do you stay positive or let it roll off of your back?

BabyFruit Ticker
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: How do you stay positive?

• I know where you're coming from, and sometimes it's hard to not let drama get under your skin.

Our BM drama stems mostly from her borderline personality disorder and severe depression. I find myself getting so angry at her and worked up over all of her ploys for attention. I try to remind myself that her brain just doesn't work the way most people's brains do, and that she's miserable in her state anyways. SO and I try to focus on being the drama-free parents and setting a good example.  We often have to remind eachother that we will never be able to control her actions or words, but we can control ourselves and our reactions to her.

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Several counseling sessions lol (but seriously) and also acceptance. This is who she is, she is doing the best she can(if she knew better she would do better-lol) and it only hurts me to be her judge and jury. Finally, I won't allow her to impact my personal peace which is my relationship and family with Dh she just doesnt have the power :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just keep reminding myself over and over (and over) that giving her ANY of my energy takes it away from the people I want to give it to.  ...and that trying to rationalize with a nutter make you the nutter!  LOL

Chin up...keep smiling! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you for the advice!! Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • After so long, I just stopped caring about what she does.  So if one of our bm's does something that would normally irritate me, I just remember that they are nuts! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"