April 2012 Moms
Options

Haven't felt my baby moving yet...

Am I the only one that hasn't felt my baby kicking or moving around yet?  I am beginning to freak myself out about this. 

Re: Haven't felt my baby moving yet...

• Options

I was the same way. I am small so they originally said I may feel it sooner. It took until 21w1d to feel anything. I never felt a single flutter. All the sudden one day, just felt a roll. Be patient :) You will feel it soon enough.

Even now, I don't feel her every day. Still very intermittent. 

• Options
    Nope, you're not the only one.  I haven't felt anything either.  I go in next Monday for my a/s and I'm expecting them to tell me i have an anterior placenta.  lol.  I know it will come, and i'm sure I'll see baby moving all over the place at the u/s.
    image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope, you are not the only one.  I feel strange aches... but nothing I can absolutely say is the baby moving!  My midwife said since I am a FTM I may not begin to feel distinct movement until as late of 22-23 weeks. 

I have heard the baby on doppler A LOT... but yes, it is freaky to not feel the baby moving... especially when you read about so many mommas on here that feel their LO all the time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have not either.  My doctor said it was fine, that I might not till 21 or 22 weeks so not to worry. 
  • Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! 
  • Options

I bet you will soon!  I find that I feel it more when I'm sitting and lean forward a little. (maybe I'm smushing the poor thing?!)  and sometimes on my back in bed.  Once you feel it and know what to look for you'll feel it at different times.  I still don't feel it OFTEN, but at least a few times a day for now.  The weirdest for me so far is getting kicked in the bladder!  I thought it was so cute and first.  Now it's getting stronger and a littler more weird.  It actually startled me this morning!

Also, not sure if you're 'bigger', but I'm a little chubby and I started feeling movement around early 18 weeks.  I bet you will soon!!!

• Options
    I've felt the bubbles here and there and felt kicks maybe twice, but nothing major and nothing strong enough for DH to feel it.  I've got the a/s on Thursday, so I'll ask then.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    Aw don't worry! I have heard 20+ weeks for movement is more the norm with a first baby. I have been feeling stuff for 2+ weeks now, but my midwife was a bit surprised it happened so early for me, so I think it's more normal not to feel much that early.
  • Options
    I didn't start feeling majorly identifiable movement till my 20th week (21w now).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Nope, I've had no movement here either but I have an anterior placenta so I figured I'd be without movement until at least 20 weeks and most likely more like 22.
    aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I didn't feel anything until a few days ago, almost 21 weeks. When I was in for my 20 week appt and said I didn't feel anything, dr just said you should within the next month.
  • Options
    I'm 20 weeks and I still haven't felt anything but I do have an anterior placenta.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"