April 2012 Moms
Options

Pets

If you have a dog or cat... do you think they know you are having a baby?  I have a girlfriend that swears her dog was different to her while pg.  I have a pug - and I think he may know something is different - although - I keep thinking that he knows because he is being a lot closer to me, and using me more as a pillow... although I also think he may be an opportunist and just using my larger belly for a head rest. lol

So - do you think your dog or cat knows? What makes you think that? 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Pets

• Options
    I have 3 cats and one dog, and none of them are acting any differently. I'm kind of disappointed!
  • Options
    Ever since I got pregnant this time, my girl cat has been all over me. She is normally a mommas girl, but its been twice as bad. I think she knows its a girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 dogs, 1 cat, and all are business as usual. Though the babies seem to move around more when the cat lies on my belly.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a dog, I don't think he notices.  Maybe when I get bigger, he may be curious.   I'm wondering if he will be jealous after the baby is born though.  He's used to all of the attention from DH and I, so I think he might be. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we have a dog and a cat, and they are acting just the same.  our dog is very snuggly he is a 95 lbs lap dog, so he has been the same.  our cat is an almost 5 year old female so stand offish until she wants about a 5 mins snuggle!
  • Options
    My dog is clueless. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    My one cat has been sitting at night when i'm trying to sleep and just STARING at me. It's creepy! My pug is blind and deaf, so he's clueless ;) My lab, she's only a year and a half and she's got no clue! I'm thinking she's going to wonder what the heck the baby is though, because we got her when my DS's were 2 and 4 respectively!

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options

imageLuvmy2sons:
    My one cat has been sitting at night when i'm trying to sleep and just STARING at me. It's creepy! My pug is blind and deaf, so he's clueless ;) My lab, she's only a year and a half and she's got no clue! I'm thinking she's going to wonder what the heck the baby is though, because we got her when my DS's were 2 and 4 respectively!

This is what my girl cat does!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The big dog in my sig has acted differently toward me since shortly after we found out. He is my husband's dog and he loves me but he really isn't as into me as the smaller dog is.

For the last few months he has been following me from room to room, even sits outside the bathroom or shower while I use them and sometimes lays his head on my tummy.

The smaller dog is oblivious.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Either our cat doesn't know, or she isn't happy about it :p She spends all of her time cuddling with Daddy.
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Buster is offended at the discrimination, but I will speak for her anyway :) Rabbits in general prefer to sit next to a person or on the floor when being pet, but when I was pregnant with Riley all first trimester she would sit on my belly when I laid on the couch. I loved it. Normally when I tried to put her on my lap she ran away. This time around we're in a new place and she prefers her alcove to the living room so we don't see her a lot :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

We have 3 cats and a dog and now that you mention it...Ruby (my tortie) has been super cuddly lately.  She is NOT a lap cat, but she is laying next to my legs right now (my feet are up in the recliner).

She did the same thing when I was pregnant with Z.  She went from non-social and non-cuddling to lover kitty. 

The rest of the animals could care less.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options

We have two pugs and I think they know!  They've been smelling my belly for awhile now, and our boy pug will come nap with me and rest his head against it.  He's also been extra cuddly with me in the mornings... when DH puts him into bed for a few minutes, he will curl himself around my bump. 

Our little girl pug has been more cuddly as well, but she always tries to lay ACROSS my belly!  Baby kicked her the other day (but I don't think she felt it) :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I think my one dog definitely knows. He's been following me around everywhere and he sits on my lap at all times. My other dog is still a puppy and could care less!
  • Options
    I have 3 dogs and they do not act any different. Maybe when im bigger.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sure the dogs know, they hover a lot more now. If the cat knows she prolly doesn't care.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One of them is obsessed with snuggling me and my belly. When any of them lay with me, they like to lay on my belly. ILs dog doesn't seem to notice.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone keeps telling me that Puck must know something is up, but I am pretty sure he is oblivious.  He has always liked to sleep snuggled up next to me on the couch.  The only think he is probably noticing is that I am more tired and less likely to get on the floor to play with him.  And he doesn't seem very happy about this change.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a dog, but she is only 3 pounds (maltipoo). I don't think she has a clue, but she has always been insanely loveable and attached to my side so I could be wrong.
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Options

imagekatieh1017:
    My dog is clueless. 

This!  She was clueless with DS as well.  And she didn't even realize we brought something new into the house.  She has a love/hate relationship with him now because he throws food on the floor but he also will grab her tail or fall on her if she's in the way.

• Options
    This time around they aren't acting any different, but the first time they were all kinds of cuddly with me.

• Options
    I think my dog is an idiot and has no idea.
    -----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    i have one dog and i think she might know alittle bit- she smells my belly all the time now- its weird. but on the snuggly side- she's always been snuggly w me and thats still the same
  • Options
    I have two dogs.  They have no clue. :)
  • Options

My dog Maddie follows me everywhere now.  And when R and I 'play fight' she barks at him and gets in between us to protect me.  lol.  I can only imagine how protective she will be when LO gets here.

image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our cats have no idea.  They've been a bit more vocal and annoying in the morning, but I think that has more to do with the fact that we've cut their food back a bit then anything else.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My dog definitely knows.  She's much needier and sticks by me like glue.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"