April 2012 Moms
Options

TMI but I'm getting worried.

So I was about to take a shower today and I noticed a discharge that is not what I have had throughout this pregnancy. It was almost like the consistency of egg whites, but when I looked it up it said this could be a sign of preterm labor.

I had my anatomy scan last Monday and they checked my cervix on the ultrasound and everything looked fine, but I'm starting to freak out. If this is normal, I don't want to go to the ER just for it to be a regular pregnancy symptom, but I'm worried. I haven't had any complications during this pregnancy either.

There wasn't much of the discharge, it was just a little bit. Have any of you experienced this, or should I call the on-call nurse? Last time I did this, I'm pretty sure the nurse who called me back was just a regular nurse because she seemed to have no information whatsoever about pregnancy and normal symptoms.

Thanks for any help.

ETA: I have had this kind of discharge before, but not since getting pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TMI but I'm getting worried.

• Options
    It's probably just normal discharge, but you could call the on-call nurse for peace of mind. I don't think I'd go to the ER unless I started having contractions or some other symptom. If I didn't feel reassured after talking to the on-call nurse, I'd just call and ask to speak to the doctor tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    it is normal...I have had it for every pregnancy...I get a ton of it...very much like the EWCM...
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Probably nothing. If your water was leaking, it would be continous.
    pregnancy due date Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I have heard your discharge can be a bit different in the second trimester.  I think it's normal, but like PP said, if it makes you feel better give your doc a call. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It sounds completely normal. I have a ton of this as well.

The mucous that usually comes before labour is thicker, mucousy and often blood tinged. If you aren't leaking water and aren't contracting or cramping I wouldn't be concerned. If it makes you feel better then go ahead and call but I think it sounds totally fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs.Teddy:

It sounds completely normal. I have a ton of this as well.

The mucous that usually comes before labour is thicker, mucousy and often blood tinged. If you aren't leaking water and aren't contracting or cramping I wouldn't be concerned. If it makes you feel better then go ahead and call but I think it sounds totally fine.

This, and when I lost my mucous plug with my DS2 I thought my water broke. It was like a POP then wet. It was disgusting honestly. I have had discharge the whole time. It varies from white to a creamy yellowish (not like infectious yellow), and clear.

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options
    I have this so much during pregnancy I wear a panty liner.  It starts in the 2nd trimester and doesn't let up until the end.  It is so gross...but totally normal :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    I know what you are talking about and it can be alarming when you see a big glop in your underwear.  I've been getting really thick white discharge every so often for a few weeks now.  It's normal for it to increase during this phase and wouldn't worry unless you are cramping or having contractions.  It can get bad enough to where I have to change my underwear.....it can be messy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"