Attachment Parenting
Options

You ladies are the experts

I'm looking into baby carriers for my little girl who will be here in April. I luck out, since I teach, and get 4 months with her before having to head back to work.  My thought is that I will probably want to wear her a lot of the time to allow for ease of getting things done. I also have to head to work for the last 2 inservice days of school so that I can get paid over the summer (stupid rule) so I will be wearing her for those 2 days.

I have registered for an Ergo carrier with an infant insert, but I don't know how comfy that would be for all the time. I do like that it's one that DH would actually wear and it seems like it would be good for out and about. But, even though they scare me, I've been wondering if I want a sleepy wrap for that first few months and the Ergo for later on..

What has worked best for you ladies?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: You ladies are the experts

• Options
    I have a strong, personal bias against SSCs for newborns.  Some people don't mind them for newborns, though.  So I'd say to go with the stretch wrap.  It's mostly a matter of personal preference, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I always recommend a a moby or sleepy wrap for a newborn. They are so cuddly, adjustable, fit even tiny new babies, machine washable, etc. They are also readily available (ie Target) and reasonably priced. If cost is an issue you can also probably find one at a kid's resale shop. I doubt you will regret buying one!

Also, FWIW I know many people don't like them past the little baby stage, but I still wear my 25lb almost 11 month old in the moby occasionally- not out and about, as it does start to sag after a while, but at home when we are just cuddling/trying to get him to nap.

I don't have an ergo, but I have a couple SSCs that are great for when LO got a little bigger.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never loved my moby, never fit us well but I LOVED my K'Tan.  Same idea as a moby but no wapping.  It's something you either love or hate.  You can check out their website for info about how to wear.  I still use it every once in a while.  A ring sling would also be a good choice.  I have a friend who like you did inservice with her 2 week old in her ring sling and it worked well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Pouch. But I only started really wearing her every day for long stretches of time after her second month - before that I felt weird about it because she seemed so fragile and limp... FTM, you know, lol.

All the best!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"