April 2012 Moms
Options

FRIENDS related pregnancy vent

I am watching the very end of Rachel's pregnancy right now and I hate how they had her dressed with half of her fake belly hanging out. Do people really wear that kind of thing while pregnant? I don't think it is very cute. 
i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: FRIENDS related pregnancy vent

• Options
    Agree!! There were problems at work with this!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I could see if its super hot and you're at home....but I wouldn't go out like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember at the very end of mine, I just couldn't find a damn shirt long enough to cover that giant thing! Lol. Pretty sure there was only 1 or 2 episodes that her belly was out and it was the "I'm 41 weeks and don't care what I wear. I'm uncomfortable!" Sorry, I'm standing up for my FRIENDS! I think all the birth episodes are way more redic!
  • Options
    I agree that the birth scenes were silly. I find it sillier that at 8 days past her EDD her doctor suggests spicy food and sex and doesn't offer to induce lol 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options

I saw a woman at my a/s on Tuesday with her belly hanging out. She was not even close to full term so there were no excuses on her shirt. She had on low hanging khaki shorts and a plaid loose tank type shirt. It was all hanging out and wasn't cute.

Edit: spelling, damn auto correct 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I saw this at my last Drs appointment. I couldn't tell if she was far along or not because she was a large woman anyways. But she looked like a total hot mess. Really baggy clothes that still weren't fitting her body. Either way I wouldn't want to see a tiny all belly pregnant woman with her stomach hanging out. Just not appropriate ever.
  • Options
    I could see when you are at home, but I would never go outside my home like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I totally agree with being comfortable at home and if at some point at the end your shirts don't fit I won't judge you, unless half of your stomach is hanging out. That is unnecessary to me.
  • Options
    I have a shirt that I've had since I was 5 years old, it has my name airbrushed on it.  Totally 80's style.  I could still squeeze into it pre-PG, as a joke.  I want to put it on when I get really huge and take a pic, and that will (hopefully) be the only time my belly gets exposed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It personally doesn't bother me and I would totally do it in public if it made me more comfortable.  I flip my shirt up if I'm walking out in public on a really hot summer day in order to cool myself off (below my bra, of course) and I do it at home all the time.  I would never do this at work or go into a store like that though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

As someone who was 2 days short of 42 weeks in August when I had my first, yes, there were days when I would go out that way. I wasn't particularly proud of it, but it was all I could do.

I believe, legally, babies cannot work until they are 3 weeks old. Even if they want to, they can't use newborns.  But my super late DD did come out looking like she was a month old to most of my family and friends.

Mom to little frog 8/07, Lucky Duck 5/10, & Little Lion 4/12
  • Options
    If I remember the episode correctly, it was supposedly during the summer and it was like over 100 degrees out.  I wasn't super pregnant in the heat of summer, but I can imagine forsaking modesty if I was that uncomfortable in the heat.
  • Options

imagePatella1129:
    If I remember the episode correctly, it was supposedly during the summer and it was like over 100 degrees out.  I wasn't super pregnant in the heat of summer, but I can imagine forsaking modesty if I was that uncomfortable in the heat.

Last time I was pregnant in the hot Texas summer and I still wouldn't have done that. I just stayed inside. I think what bothered me the most was the fakeness of her stomach. It was way darker than her normal skin tone. Come on tv!

• Options
    That has always bugged me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"