Eco-Friendly Family
Options

no-tear shampoo or not?

I'm expecting twins anytime now and just got Earth Mama Angel Baby shampoo/body wash in the mail today. I read on the bottle that it's NOT a "no-tear formula" shampoo... 

Since I'll be a FTM and have no clue, will it be a problem if some runs into their eyes? (It seem inevitable that it will land in their eyes at some point.) 

Re: no-tear shampoo or not?

• Options
    We've liked that product (just switched recently to bar soap for LO). I was just careful to not get it in her eyes...it still happened a time or two though when she got older, and did sting a bit then. I believe most of the other products claiming to be "no tear" have numbing agents in them and other nasty chemicals...so I still prefer Angel Baby or natural soaps. California Baby Sensitive says it doesn't hurt eyes, but I haven't tried that one yet.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto pp.  EMAB is not a tear-free shampoo, the reason being is that the numbing agents used to make a shampoo 'tear-free' aren't supposed to be very good for baby.  That said, I did use California Baby Super-Sensitive when my DD was a newborn (just didn't know about EMAB then) and it is tear-free.  I don 't remember it being terribly difficult to keep the water out of DD's face when she was little.  I plan on using EMAB with the new baby, and if keeping it out of his/her eyes is a problem, then California Baby will be our back up.

• Options

I agree with the previous posters. I haven't used the product  since my LO is not here yet, but the no tear shampoos do contain some nasty chemicals that I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using on my baby.

I personally plan to use the organic bar soap that I use for myself. It is super gentle and never irritates or dries skin.

• Options
    When they're teeny tiny it's not really an issue.  When they're bigger and HATE having their hair washed/rinsed it becomes a little more difficult to keep it out of their eyes IME. 

• Options
    The numbing agent thing is weird to me. I use CA Baby or Dr. Bronner's Baby diluted in a foaming pump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"