Blended Families

Intro and holiday card question...

I'm fairly new to the blended family thing. SO is currently fighting for custody of his girls. We still see them regularly but their mother is always with us. It sucks but I'm still thankful we get to see them often (there is currently no court order so she's under no obligation to let us have visits). We finally came up with money for an attorney in the beginning of October and have the ball rolling in court. He was pro se before but obviously that wasn't the best decision.

Now onto my question. We want to send out holiday cards. We recently had professional pictures taken but at the last minute the girls mom said something came up and we had to get the pics done without them. We were going to use those pics for holiday cards. Obviously, that's out now.

Do you think it's appropriate to send out holiday cards with professional photos of me + SO together and separate non-professional pics of each child (so it would be collage style)? We don't have any good photos of all 3 kids (it's hard enough getting a decent pic with only one toddler...). I've never seen holiday pictures / cards without professional photos. All my family is out of state so I know they'd like to get recent pictures of the kids.

Re: Intro and holiday card question...

• I think that would be fine. We have 4 kids and can never good a good photo of our family so I also do seperate photos. We do them on the same day so we all match but I think it's fine if they don't since you don't have a choice. People just want to see photos of the kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do our own Christmas cards & family photos. We just did ours this past weekend and we have one of DH & I, SS, DS and my Grandmother (who lives with us); as well as a picture of all of us. I'm making a collage type card of them and sending Christmas cards from "Love, the MyMaidenName-MyMarriedName" even though my name isn't hyphenated. I think it would be fine to do what you are saying. It's just the thought of Christmas cards and the pictures that people want to see. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the others. People just want to see pics, professional or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would find it weird honestly.  I like photo pics of kids but find just 2 adults a little weird especially if one of them has kids.  Take a non-professional pic of all of you or send out non-pic cards.  You can get away with pics of just the two of you to your side of them family but not to his or to joint friends, but you are not even married to I would find it odd.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"