Birth Stories

I am SO proud of myself!

I was 2 1/2cm dilated around 34 weeks 'til 37 weeks when I went from "latent" labor to "Active" labor. I was in and out of the hospital, each doctor giving me different instructions and what not. Under the stress of being sent home with excruciating abdominal and back pain, I called up my OB doc. The nurses there said to go right back, so that's what me and my good 'ol boyfriend (now fiancee) did. Right before the triage nurse was about to send me home with discharge instructions, my water broke (Hallelujah!). I was admitted and put in a pretty nice delivery room. Tidy, comfy, and occupied with a wonderful and experienced nurse, I was in a lot of pain. "For a first time mommy-to-be, you're doing wonderful honey!" the vet nurse told me. Unable to concentrated due to minute-long, minute away contractions, I simply nodded. I was panicking because my blood platlet count was below 100 thousand. I was approximately 72 thousand, last checked in late August. The nurse demanded a blood test because she just wanted to make sure whether I could get the spinal epidural or not. The results came back right after I hit the 7cm point. I was told not to move too frantically during the contractions because I had JUST enough platlets for the epidural. 8 1/2cm and I was all set! I dilated even faster after the epidural was in full effect, and after 2 pushes at 10cm, the nurse and doctor told me to wait half an hour. Only 10 minutes passed, 4 pushes, and another 10 minutes and as soon as I opened my eyes, my little Emilia was being tidied up and 'swaddled.' I got to hold her after 9 months of waiting! (and growing her!) I didn't fear labor and delivery, I just wanted her to be alright and I panicked because my what-if part of my mind definitely was playing tricks on me! Emilia Violet Barratt is now 2 months old. She has her Daddy's hair, my big wide eyes, and my little 'turtle' lip. She's got her Daddy's butt, though... eheh :S Thanks for reading, ladies! :] Not a very unique story, but I am very proud of how well I did. c:

Re: I am SO proud of myself!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"