Food Allergy

Disney with allergies

I don't remember who it was that posted about traveling to Disney with allergies, but you were 100% right! When we made our dinner reservations we indicated that someone in our party had an allergy. The chef came to the table and made sure to ask about the allergies and then came up with a meal for DD. My favorite restaurant was Boma, the buffet at the Animal Kingdom lodge. Lots of the food was vegan or veggie based so DD had tons of options. We also did the buffet at the Chef Mickey character breakfast. The chef went in the back and whipped up a batch of Mickey mouse dairy-free waffles for DD. She loved them, and they tasted pretty amazing. I also found this heavenly bakery in the Downtown Disney area. It was inside the Fresh-a-peel restaurant babycakes NYC, presented by Fresh A-Peel: Indulge in fresh baked cookies, brownies, cupcakes and doughnuts that are made from scratch in small batches right here in our kitchen. Everything is crafted from carefully selected ingredients that are also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan.

It was sinfully good. I think I may have accidentally eaten more of DD's dessert than she did, but I've never tasted anything that was DF, GF, EF and that delicious!!

imageimage

Re: Disney with allergies

• So glad to hear you had a safe and delicious trip!  We are headed there in the spring with my nut allergic son, so this is encouraging.
  • DH and i were talking about Disney last night and how we should wait about 3 more years before going (waiting for the second to get old enough) but i may not want to wait that long now.. lol!

it would be so nice to eat at a restaurant with DS!!!! 

Glad you had a nice time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"