Babies: 0 - 3 Months

48 hours and no poopy diapers...

Its been 2 days ince my 2 week old had a messy diaper...plenty of wet ones, just no poopy ones.  The pedi said to try inserting a rectal thermometer, which I did...and an ounce of pedialight...which I did...still nothing, and of course today is a holiday so I cant call....

He seems fine during the day, but gets really fussy at night and has gas throughout the day.

Being a first time mom I have no idea if this is normal or not and I dont know what else to try!!!

He is FF.  I have heard anything from he may go a week without pooping to if he doesnt go in three days something is wrong...so much information and all of it is conflicting!!! 

Any other REAL moms out there that can shed some light and offer some advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: 48 hours and no poopy diapers...

• Honestly, I'm surprised your pedi told you to do that. 

When LO was 2 weeks she would go two or three days without poop. It's totally normal, your LO will poop. It is ok.  Just beware... When she does poop it'll be a big one! 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • He. Sorry!
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • My pedi also said they could go a few days without pooping FF because its harder to digest. Maybe set LO on their stomach and rub their back to help work the gas out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • DS is FF mostly too and doesn't poop much. I think earlier this week he went about 2 days w/o a poopy diaper. He's now going #2 about once a day. I think it's totally normal, especially with FF babies.

Be thankful you don't have to deal with more poop, haha!!  :)

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I think I am so worried because he was jaundince in the hospital and the nurses there had me feeling like a bad mom saying he needed to eat more so he would poop more...and now that he hasnt gone in two days I am freaking out I am doing something wrong!!
  • Totally normal. I would only do the thermometer trick if they were pretty constipated
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenic326:
    Totally normal. I would only do the thermometer trick if they were pretty constipated

My pedi suggests using a wet wipe and just applying some pressure to the area when you change a wet diaper...if that doesnt work then maybe the temperature trick but I'm very suprised they suggested anything other than BM or Formula this early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had the same problem and pedi said DS could go up to 5 days before he was concerned. However, if he appeared unconfortable we could try the thermometer trick or mix kyro syrup in the the formula (1/2 tsp per 2oz) in 2 bottles a day. We did and it worked a couple hours after the first bottle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • It's normal. My dd is ff and usually only poops every 2-3 days.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepandabear12178:
    My pedi also said they could go a few days without pooping FF because its harder to digest. Maybe set LO on their stomach and rub their back to help work the gas out

this.

and pooping helps get rid of jaundice.... if they are no longer jaundiced don't worry about that

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• We have poop!! LOL!!

Yesterday afternoon there was a small pellet in his diaper..not super hard but not "squishy" either....after that he was back to "normal"...I think we went through 4 diapers yesterday afternoon and last night and already 1 today.  He def acts like he feels better...the fussieness is gone and he is not acting like he is straining to go when I feed him.

Thanks so much for the input and advice ladies...I guess every baby is different and things change so much...but its nice to know I am not alone!

• I BF and DS1's record was 13 days.  I'm really not sure about FF, but my pedi told me that as long as he is comfortable, there's nothing to worry about.
    Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
    BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
    BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
    Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
    Currently TTC Baby #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"