April 2012 Moms
Options

Is it wrong of me to avoid...

the phone calls from Hospice? They call like once a month to "check in" on me and it's more annoying than it is helpful to me. It just takes me to a sad place in my head. She just called again and I just stared at it and didn't answer.

Will she ever get the hint to give up? Or will I have to tell her? Or just keep ignoring it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it wrong of me to avoid...

• Options
    I'd tell her that, while you appreciate the concern, the phone calls are difficult for you for the reasons you mentioned and ask if she could take you off her list of people to call.
  • Options

imageTambcat:
    I'd tell her that, while you appreciate the concern, the phone calls are difficult for you for the reasons you mentioned and ask if she could take you off her list of people to call.

I agree. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsA71208:

imageTambcat:

I agree. 

This! Especially at the holidays...you don't need another damn reminder that your mother has passed.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    If you don't want to talk to her about it and you have an email address maybe you can tell her that way.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

imagekatieh1017:
    If you don't want to talk to her about it and you have an email address maybe you can tell her that way.

This is what I did with the American Cancer society... it was just too damned draining... Conflict avoided, and no more calls...

imageimage

• Options
    I'd say if you get another one, it would be totally appropriate to say at this time you don't feel the need for the check-ins.
  • Options

Eh, that would bother me a bit too.

They should look into sending cards. At least you can open those when you're ready. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"