LGBT Parenting

Picture Places?

Where is a reasonably priced place to have some cute pictures taken of a newborn?  I'm hoping for something not too Sears circa 1985.  I was thinking Picture People but then I read the review the other day....

Anyone have luck with the photo place in BuyBuyBaby?

If I could get a CD image to get some Christmas Cards (or REASONABLY priced Christmas cards there, that would be great.)

I was hoping to take Pumpkin this weekend to get some pics taken--for Christmas cards & Christmas gifts. 

Wish one of you amazing photographers lived closer--I'd hire you!

Re: Picture Places?

• I'd check on your local board because when it comes to those chain places, its all about the specific photographer you get. 

We've had decent luck with Portrait Innovations if you've got one of those by you.

• It's not cheap, but my DW and I love www.christytylerphotography.com (she's out of Chicago, but does photography in WI).  We want to get her to photo our future family when we're at DW's parents' home.  :)  You might be able to find a photojournalism style person who is newer to the business and is much cheaper - I know we've seen some in Minneapolis.  And this is probably not very helpful, but I'm going to post it anyways.  :) 
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Loading the player...
  • In terms of chain studios, we've tried both Kiddie Kandids (in BRU) and Picture People. Of the two, Picture People was *much* better (better set-up, better photos). You don't have to buy any of the pics if you're not happy with them, so I'd say give it a go and see what you think. If they're awful, you can try again.

ETA: Also, YGPM.  :)

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • I'd def give Picture People a try. Check their website (or google / retailmenot) for coupons, which they often have. I got some pics done there of Hen and liked that they did some very no-gimmick poses - just him standing or sitting with a plain back drop. But even at Sears or JCPenney or whatever - who also always have coupons online - you can decline any silly outdated poses or backdrops that they try to use. And like pp said - you dot have to buy anything you don't like!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks everyone. We may have gotten an acceptable pic of the three of us on Thanksgiving.  I have some coupons from registering, and might use one (probably pic people) this weekend. 

Thanks for the reminder that I don't have to buy anything I don't like!  I need reassurance that I'm not being a ***.

• Another vote for Portrait Innovations! They don't do anything super artsy or creative, but we always get a few decent shots and you get a TON of pictures for the money, especially if you add the $9.99 portrait special along with whatever else you buy.
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"