LGBT Parenting

Favorite Thanksgiving Dish

What food are you most looking forward to consuming tomorrow? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Favorite Thanksgiving Dish

• Is it weird if I say mashed potatoes? We don't eat potatoes in the house, because she's on a weird diet that forbids most starches. I miss mashed potatoes!
  • Well, we aren't making traditional Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. L is making a turkey breast, cranberry chutney, and sweet potato fries. If we decide to brave the store, I want to get the stuff to make Israeli cous cous with apples and cranberries. So good. If we make it, that is what I am most looking forward to. If not, I honestly could take or leave the rest of it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not really...but if i had to choose, probably mashed potatoes
  • Cranberries, cranberries, cranberries. We'll see if they're as good this year since I'm making them instead of my Grandma.  Nothing's as good when Grandma isn't making it...
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I probably won't have any this year (no room in our torn-up kitchen to make it tomorrow, and we'll be at MIL's for our official T-giving meal on Fri), but my favorite Thanksgiving dish is Waldorf salad. It's the one part of the meal that we pretty much only had at Thanksgiving and Christmas growing up, so it feels very festive to me (plus it's yummy!).
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • mashed potatoes.  Love me some mashed potatoes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're not doing traditional Thanksgiving (I'm still juicing and we're heading to some friends for vegan Thanksgiving, which I'm sure would be good were I eating, but C's ambivalent). In general, it's hard for me to choose because it's the combo (esp stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and cranberry sauce) that I love. I may make a mini-holiday meal for just C and I in December.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2brides:
    Well, we aren't making traditional Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. L is making a turkey breast, cranberry chutney, and sweet potato fries. If we decide to brave the store, I want to get the stuff to make Israeli cous cous with apples and cranberries. So good. If we make it, that is what I am most looking forward to. If not, I honestly could take or leave the rest of it.

Mmmm, that sounds good. I make Israeli cous cous with basil pesto, cherry tomatoes, and little mozzarella balls. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • My mom's cranberry orange relish, and mashed potatoes with homemade gravy. So good.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Homemade cranberry sauce and pie--I'm making pumpkin and pecan pies
  • Stuffing!  Although even though I follow gram's recipe, it won't be as good. 
  • My BIL's homemade rolls.  And my mom's pecan pie.  Yum!  And I am sitting in the kitchen watching them cook.  :)
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • My two favorites are : cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes/yams!
    Mom to a wonderful kiddo. Wishing/Hoping for a second LO.
  • I have to echo the mashed potato sentiments.  It's something we rarely have, but it's just SO good.

Also, my sister does the desserts and she is a fantastic baker.  She's making my mom's pumpkin pie recipe, her incredible pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust, and a new addition that I found a recipe for: cider cream pie.  Bring on the desserts!  (If it's not already clear, I have a wicked sweet tooth).

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"