Infertility

Low Estradiol Level during first IVF cycle

Hello, I am 36 and my husband and I are TTC. We have experience infertility and found the best option for us is IVF. The whole process is scary and I started my first cycle on 11/08/11. I was put on Lupron 10 units and then decreased to 5 units with addition of 10 units of low dose HCG. In addition to those I have started Follistim 450U 3 days ago and today had estradiol checked. I was told my level is 55 which is low. I was told to stay on current meds and I will have blood work and an ultrasound in 3 days. Has anyone had or know someone who has had low estradiol levels during IVF cycle. Is it possible for my level to increase as dr wants it to be 100-150? 
36 yo, TTC since 2010. My first IVF was completed on 12/07/2011. Currently on 2WW.

Re: Low Estradiol Level during first IVF cycle

• If it is low, they will generally increase your meds to see if you respond. The E2 level usually indicates activity with your follicles. For example, they checked mine on the day of my baseline ultrasound, which was after 2 weeks of lupron. They wanted it to be low, and it was, at 20. That meant that my ovaries were "quiet" and had been sufficiently supressed for the stims to start. They checked again after 4 days on stims to see if it was increasing, but since it had gone up a little too high (327), they actually lowered my meds. They do this because they don't want me to over-respond and produce a follicle or two that with outpace the others and soak up all the meds. Does that make sense? Hopefully when they check you again, your levels have gone up. GL!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Welcome! I know it is hard not to worry, but it is still very early in the game. Those ovaries just need a little time to wake up from that Lupron suppression. My e2 was in the low 50s after three nights of stims, but it jumped up to 3000 by the time we got to trigger. Slow and steady is the way to go! Good luck!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your response. You have put some ease to my worries  Ever since I talked to the nurse today I have been completely emotional.  I had asked her if dr would increase my meds and she said I was at my limit for the protocol and I would stay on current on current dosage. I will have to wait til friday to see if it increases. I know I have to be positive.  

36 yo, TTC since 2010. My first IVF was completed on 12/07/2011. Currently on 2WW.
  • imagemlsj23:

Thank you for your response. You have put some ease to my worries  Ever since I talked to the nurse today I have been completely emotional.  I had asked her if dr would increase my meds and she said I was at my limit for the protocol and I would stay on current on current dosage. I will have to wait til friday to see if it increases. I know I have to be positive.  

I have been on max stims for both IVF's so they could never adjust my meds either. I didn't even get checked for E2 until after 5 nights of stims.  I would not worry about your level after 3 nights. It can definitely jump up as follies grow.  If you are on max stims, I'm wondering if you have high FSH or are DOR? 

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I was told by my nurse coordinator that my labs were all fine including FSH.  I do not believe I have DOR but was wondering if that could be the problem. The only major concern I had prior to IVF was irregular cycles.  I would have a cycle that would last anywhere from 18 days to 30.  I am trying to not worry. This is my first IVF attempt and I still have a lot to learn. Definitely an emotional experience for anyone going through infertility. 
  • imagemlsj23:
    I was told by my nurse coordinator that my labs were all fine including FSH.  I do not believe I have DOR but was wondering if that could be the problem. The only major concern I had prior to IVF was irregular cycles.  I would have a cycle that would last anywhere from 18 days to 30.  I am trying to not worry. This is my first IVF attempt and I still have a lot to learn. Definitely an emotional experience for anyone going through infertility. 

Just keep going. Your E2 will go up as follies grow. It's always possible that you aren't on the right protocol but just try to be positive now and see what the next check shows. I know it is hard.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"