VBAC

I'm pregnant, now what?

I'll be trying for a VBAC with this baby.  I already found a new DR.  that is willing to let me try for a VBAC at the hospital.  I already asked her all the questions from the ICAN website for interviewing providers but I want to be sure that I am not missing anything.  Anything special I should be asking?
AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com

Re: I'm pregnant, now what?

• Sounds like you've got things covered.  The only other thing I'm doing right now is trying to keep exercising, so I can be in the best shape for my attempt. 

Oh and staying positive, ignoring all naysayers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would talk to people/doulas that have tried at that hospital with that doctor and see her success rate, there may be better success rates around or maybe she is the best.

I say this because I am currently trying to decide if I should switch practitioners or not. My Dr. allows VBACS and so does the hospital but he only gave me 50-60% success rate. I know of a midwife that is about an hour away that has a 95% vbac success rate and about 25% of her patients are vbac patients. My husband and I are jokingly referring to her as the VBAC whisperer and trying to decide if we should drive so far to increase our chances.

My advice is to talk to as many people as possible. I am finding that people that have vbac experiences are super excited to discuss them and help you find success any way they can.

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I see you're in the Chicago burbs.  I had a VBAC this year in the Chicago area as well and found that the local ICAN message boards were awesome too.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about providers in the area or doulas.  I joked with my doula that there is only like two degrees of separation in the VBAC community around Chicago, so everybody knows everybody.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chicsub's doula was my doula also! She rocked!

The only other thing I can recommend is finding a chiropractor who knows pg women. You don't have to start until your second trimester, either.

Congrats! And good luck!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imagechicsub:
    I see you're in the Chicago burbs.  I had a VBAC this year in the Chicago area as well and found that the local ICAN message boards were awesome too.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about providers in the area or doulas.  I joked with my doula that there is only like two degrees of separation in the VBAC community around Chicago, so everybody knows everybody.

Haha!  I wonder if I know you? IRL.  I'm on Dupage ICAN group.   

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Thank You Ladies:)
  • See, a small world!  :)  I haven't posted too much lately, but usually do when it comes to input on Rush Copley (where I had my c/s).
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You defintely want to ask your doc about his success rate. My midwife that I was with for my VBAC had a 90%+ success rate and we birthed at a hospital.

Stay positive and remember that you can do this! Do not listen to anyone's negativity. Surround yourself with a strong support system that believes in you. For me, that was the hardest part of the VBAC journey...finding lots of support.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"