Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bed time storey??

Just wondering if any of you ladies have incorporated bed time stories yet?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bed time storey??

• I try to read at least one book every night. Some nights, he'll be too tired and grouchy, so I don't... but at least 4 nights a week, we read a book.
    Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was wondering the same thing and wanted to post about it. The only time she gets a story at the moment is if she is still up when her big sis' is getting her story...but we also didn't start reading regularly to her until she was old enough to hold a book...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is on the floor of the nursery reading a book to DS now. DS gets really excited and kicks his little feet while we're reading to him. It is the cutest thing ever. 
  • We read books to DD in the evening, but it takes a while for her to fall asleep. She does cycles of eating and sleeping. I wish we had a more established routine, but it's close enough for now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • DS listens in while we read DD one chapter from her book each night.  Once he has started going to bed at the same time as her and sleeping in his own room we will split up and one of us will read to DD and the other to DS and swap every other night.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We read all the time, but we don't do a bedtime story. He doesn't usually tolerate it as part of the bedtime routine. Usually it's the first thing we do in the morning. I take him into bed with me anytime he wakes up after 5am, and when we wake up for the day around 7am we read a few books before getting out of bed. He has started to turn the pages of his board books, almost appropriately. It's really cute.
  • We always read "I'll See You in the Morning"
  • We read "Goodnight Moon" every night unless she falls asleep while eating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We read at least one book a day, but not necessarily at bedtime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"