Baby Showers

Deadline for Baby Shower Offer

So, this is my first pregnancy and I am a few days over 5months along.  We have already bought a lot of the big items for baby, so I am not really looking for gifts, more just to celebrate and talk babies! :) I was just wondering when is the "deadline" that someone would have offered to throw a baby shower??

Re: Deadline for Baby Shower Offer

• I'm not understanding your question.  Are you asking if you should buy the rest of the things you need now?

I don't think there's ever a 'deadline', and you never know if someone is planning a surprise shower, but I think if you get to 36 weeks or so & you haven't had one it's safe to assume that it's not happening.

image Grayson's side-eye
  • 36 weeks. Just what I was looking for! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejamielynne1533:
    36 weeks. Just what I was looking for! :)

It's against the law to have a baby shower after 36w1d.  

Just saying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:

imagejamielynne1533:

Just saying.

That made me laugh. thank you! its been a rough day.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I wouldn't "worry" yet.  My showers were very late in my pregnancy...just the way my family and friends are.  When you get to 36 weeks and no one has mentioned anything you might want to finish up buying what you need (but save the receipts just in case there is a surprise shower).  Does your family do surprise showers?
  • If you are just looking to talk babies you could always organize a smaller get-together for some friends or family - especially those that are into babies (like people that have kids or always seem to want to know about your pregnancy). You could invite some friends over your house or suggest that you go out for dinner or drinks.This would not be like a shower at all, and would not preclude other people from throwing you a shower, but it would give you some baby talk time. I see no reason why you couldn't be like, hey, I'm done with 5 months, let's have a shirley temple to that! And then again at 6 months, and 7 months, etc =)

• imageBallSox:

imagejamielynne1533:

Just saying.

LMBO. Thank goodness I had her at 35 weeks. WHEW!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"