Eco-Friendly Family

Recommend your Pyrex set!

Hi, I usually only lurk on this board, but I'm hoping you ladies can recommend your favorite Pyrex sets. DH asked me the other day if I wanted to get rid of he plastic containers that we got in collage since they stink and are stained. I think I want to go with glass because it is so versatile and I'm hoping that it will be in sale Friday. Any sets you would recommend? Is there anything else I need to know before I purchase?

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your Pyrex set!

• There are some on sale Friday. Target has a 16-pc set for $16. I think walmart has an 18-pc set for $18. I have 3 pyrex bowls that I got for my wedding shower and I love them. The lids are a plastic material but are microwave safe so you can reheat things in them.

• I went with 2 18pc bowl sets (blue lids) and 3pc small square set. I've really like them...but wondering now if I should have gone with a nested bowl set (with lids) for even more uses...or maybe square shape for easier stacking?

Regardless, you really can't go wrong ;)
    They are wonderful for heating in (I don't heat the lids), and they've been perfect in the freezer.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto to pp. You can't go wrong at all. 

I will say though that the lids should not be heated. We don't heat our lids but after 3+ years only a few have cracked and only one to the point that it was unusable. The others are still okay, but I know I'll have to replace them soon enough. We have a small set and have been practically using them daily for about 3.5 years though, so they've had a good run!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I asked for (and got) a pretty big set for Christmas last year.  There are 2 of every size.  I am a FTM to be, so we are still a family of two, and we always have enough of them.  My mom got them at JC Penney's and they were on sale for about $20 (I found the ad in a circular and asked her to buy them).
  • Thanks, I appreciate the advice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"