Baby Showers

What time for shower?

We're having our shower on a Saturday.  I work in a hospital, and many of my co-workers will likely come.  Some of them work days (7-3:30) and some of them work eves (3-11:30).  So, I was thinking of having the shower either 12:30-4:30 or 1:00-5:00.

Just wondering peoples opinions on this.  The :30's seemed kind of weird, but the 1-5 seems a little late.  Also, is 4 hours too long of a time period?  It seems like it has to be that long in order to make time for people to come before or after work, depending on their shift.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What time for shower?

• I would start it at 2 and expect it to go to about 5.  3 hours is enough time.  4 hours is long for those who don't have to worry about going to /from work.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I agree with EastCoastBride
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Las Vegas where we have the same problem with shifts...

We had our coed shower last  week.  It started at 2pm and said to go to '?'

It was an 'open' house where I knew people may stop by at any time...

omg...it  was 12 hours!  I had to leave with hubby at 10pm..but I guess people were partying and drinking until 2am!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    I would start it at 2 and expect it to go to about 5.  3 hours is enough time.  4 hours is long for those who don't have to worry about going to /from work.

2-5 doesn't really work for ppl who work eves (start at 3).  It will be held 30 mins away from the hospital--no way they'd have time to stop by. 

• imageEastCoastBride:
    I would start it at 2 and expect it to go to about 5.  3 hours is enough time.  4 hours is long for those who don't have to worry about going to /from work.

2-5 doesn't really work for ppl who work eves (start at 3).  It will be held 30 mins away from the hospital--no way they'd have time to stop by. 

• You're never going to find a time that works for everyone.  Also, see if you can discreetly find out if there will be a work shower.  If so, then don't invite co-workers to your friends/family shower.
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    You're never going to find a time that works for everyone.  Also, see if you can discreetly find out if there will be a work shower.  If so, then don't invite co-workers to your friends/family shower.

I don't think so, cuz I've been on bedrest since 6 weeks & my doc has me out til delivery.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"