Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When to switch to level 3 nipple?

So the last week or so my LO has been falling asleep during most of his feedings.  Is it time to move to a level 3 nipple?  He's not a big eater (5 oz max right now) and he's a week shy of 5 months. 

Thoughts?  How do I know when it is time?  When I switched from 1's to 2's it was much easier to decipher because he had increased the amount per feeding drastically and it was taking him 45 minutes to eat.  Level 2's to 3's isn't as obvious....

Re: When to switch to level 3 nipple?

• I switched DD at 5 months.  She was fighting the bottle and letting everything run down her face due to teething pain.  Feeding her was taking up to 90 minutes so I just decided to try it and see how she handled the level 3 and she did fine.  You can definitely try it out and see how he does. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmmm...lol I EBF but give a bottle occasionally and haven't even switched to level 2 yet haha....guess i forgot!

We eat 5-8ounces per bottle so I guess we should upgrade...

sorry I'm no help

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJSanFran:

hmmm...lol I EBF but give a bottle occasionally and haven't even switched to level 2 yet haha....guess i forgot!

We eat 5-8ounces per bottle so I guess we should upgrade...

sorry I'm no help

This! I guess were a little behind. She seems to do just fine with level one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"