Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Playtex drop ins

Started using the drop ins this morning and already love them! But I'm unsure if I'm supposed to squeeze the air out before feeding or not? I have been squeezing it out but I can't tell how much she has eaten. Would I be able to tell if I didn't squeeze it? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Playtex drop ins

• The whole point of them is to get the air out before LO eats so they are less gassy.  I love them too, but like you it's hard to see how much LO has eaten if they don't finish the entire bottle :(

They way I kind of deal with it is to give small amounts and then refill...start with 3 oz, then add more until LO is done eating.  That way I have a better idea of how much he is eating once the drop-in deflates.

• I opened the bottle once she was done and it kind of reinflated to give me an idea of how much she took. I guess that will work for now! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesap05e:
    I opened the bottle once she was done and it kind of reinflated to give me an idea of how much she took. I guess that will work for now! 

Is it sad, that I never even thought to do that ;)  haha

• I don't squeeze them and he doesn't get that gassy.  What you could do, and I use to do with my other two, is open the top and let a little air in so the milk can settle. Then you can see how much they've eaten.  All you have to do is squeeze the air back out.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • The playtex website actually states that you do not have to squeeze the air out before feeding for it to work properly.  That being said, I always do.  Very seldom does DS not finish the bottle.  My challenge is when he wants more and I want to give him 1 or 2 oz...it's really hard to get the air out when there's not that much milk in the bag!  Anyone have any suggestions for me? 

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • imageAccounting Chick:
    The playtex website actually states that you do not have to squeeze the air out before feeding for it to work properly.  That being said, I always do.  Very seldom does DS not finish the bottle.  My challenge is when he wants more and I want to give him 1 or 2 oz...it's really hard to get the air out when there's not that much milk in the bag!  Anyone have any suggestions for me? 
    We have always squeezed the air out, and for just 1 or 2 oz it is hard, but I just try to push my fingers up as far as I can, or will use something like a thin remote that'll fit haha. 

If you just started using the drop-ins, make sure you're using the oz markers on the bags, not the bottles, they are inaccurate.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •   I used those with my son, and never squeezed the air out. He was never a gassy baby.

I also loved the generic ones from target. they felt thicker and sturdier then other generic ones I tried. I also could always find them on sale for half the price of the Playtex ones. 

• As a former drop in user I just wanted to add, even though it's completely off topic, just make sure you're measuring acceding to the liner, especially I'd you mix in the bottle. The bottle and liner measurements are different. The bottle is way off. But to answer the question, I would squeeze some out but not all because the liner would pop. I also let the air back in to see how much she ate. 
  • I thought the whole benefit of the drop ins was that you dont have to squeeze the air out.

maybe that is why my baby is always so burpy!  but she gets her gas out pretty easily. 

We open the top to see how much is left. 

I love the drop-ins, they are really easy to heat up too.  (we stick them in a bowl of hot water) 

• I love them too...but dont squeeze the air out...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • You don't have to let the air out.  The liner collapses as baby eats.  The only way for the baby to get air is if you tip the bottle back or let them suck on an empty bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"