Georgia Babies
Options

Shower the parents party?

We are going to a dinner tomorrow night for some friends that are expecting their first baby in December. It's a "shower the parents" party instead of traditional baby shower. So we are supposed to bring presents for the new parents and I've got nothing. Any ideas? All I've thought of is liquor, ear plugs, and sleep masks. Seems kind of lame.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower the parents party?

• Options
    I just did this for friends of ours and I put together a middle of the night emergency kit.  It had all types of medicines and remedies (gas drops, teething gel, Baby 411 book, etc) that new parents might not have on hand when they need them.  I think adding a bottle of liquor or sme ear plugs to that would be cute, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBottomStar:
    I just did this for friends of ours and I put together a middle of the night emergency kit.  It had all types of medicines and remedies (gas drops, teething gel, Baby 411 book, etc) that new parents might not have on hand when they need them.  I think adding a bottle of liquor or sme ear plugs to that would be cute, too.

that is an awesome idea! or you could put together a snack basket (esp if she plans on nursing) with crackers, granola bars,dried fruit - anything easy to eat with one hand and throw in some gift cards for restaurants that deliver in their area. 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was also going to say a gift card for somewhere that delivers to them.  You could put the take out menu in with it.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like this idea ^^ gift card for delivery -- they'll be sure to use it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"