Georgia Babies
Options

Question for the IVFers. Did the first round work for you?

I am paralyzed by fear that the first cycle won't work.  Can't really even process it.  I am thinking of switch back to RBA since they offer a multi cycle package. We have a second opinion appointment with Dr. Toledo on Wed. Did anyone have to do multiple IVF? 

I refuse to call it IVF #1 because that means there could be a #2.  I am terrified!!!!  What if this does not work?!?!  What then?!?!? We have just started talking about adoption but it takes so very long and I have no clue where to start with it.  It's overwhelming.

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: Question for the IVFers. Did the first round work for you?

• Options

I don't have IVF experience, but hope and pray it works for you. However, if you ever need someone to talk adoption with let me know. We adopted domestically and it took 8 months from first meeting to walking out of the hospital with our son, so it doesn't HAVE to take a long time. You WILL be a momma one day, just keep the faith as hard as it is.

Julie

• Options

We were very fortunate that ours worked the first time. But I don't think you can really go by that....everyone's body, fertility issues, protocals, etc. are so different.  The one thing I would say is that you need to be totally on board with your doctor - if you aren't, it's going to be really hard.  You need to trust that they are doing everything they can for you and not have any second guesses. 

Also, trust in yourself and stay positive and focused on the now, not the future.  Life throws all kinds of curveballs.  Just focus on doing everything you can to take care of yourself and have faith that it will work.  Have you read 'A couples guide to IVF'?  I think that is the name....if not, it's a good book.

Good luck!  I am praying for you. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecare99:

We were very fortunate that ours worked the first time. But I don't think you can really go by that....everyone's body, fertility issues, protocals, etc. are so different.  The one thing I would say is that you need to be totally on board with your doctor - if you aren't, it's going to be really hard.  You need to trust that they are doing everything they can for you and not have any second guesses. 

Also, trust in yourself and stay positive and focused on the now, not the future.  Life throws all kinds of curveballs.  Just focus on doing everything you can to take care of yourself and have faith that it will work.  Have you read 'A couples guide to IVF'?  I think that is the name....if not, it's a good book.

Good luck!  I am praying for you. 

Ditto all of this because it is great advice.  Thankfully, we were sucessful on our first round, time two (our only known dx was endo).  However, we did an FET in March that resulted in a chemical pg.  I figured it was about right though since in my case, the guesstimated success rate was about 50%.  Good luck to you!!!  Try and stay positive!!

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

I had two IVF's, the first of which didn't work. I was living in FL at the time and went to a clinic there for IVF #1.

However - my second IVF after moving to GA was done by Dr. Toledo at RBA. At the initial consult he noted that I used progesterone suppositories for IVF #1 and said that PIO is more effective in his opinion. That may or may not be why IVF #2 succeeded (I also did acupuncture before and after the ET) but RBA does have pretty high success rates.

Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!

• Options
    I understand how you feel.  It is an overwhelming experience.  I was fortunate to be blessed the first time with IVF and then with FET. So, it can work the first time.  I am praying that it works for you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"