Orange County Babies

Childcare recommendations please

I know there have been posts before about this but I was not in need so didn't take note.

My nanny has left abruptly (I have no one this upcoming week) and I need to find an alternative for 2 full days a week.

I work from home so I chose an in-home nanny so I could benefit by being close to her.  Now that she is almost 2 it isn't so convenient since I have to hide from her all day to get any work done.  We had our nanny over a year  (we loved her and sad she has left) and my daughter really liked her but still the hand-off was never easy.  I can't imagine a new person entirely.

My daughter is extremely social, verbal and loves kids -- esp older ones.  So, I am thinking that a place that allows her to be with other kids would be best for her. I am hoping to look into a day care center/pre-school for 2 full days a week.

Any recommendations?  I am in Costa Mesa/Newport area but could drive a bit for the right fit (HB, CDM, Irvine?)  Also, any idea on cost?

Thanks so much!

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

Re: Childcare recommendations please

• Calips,

I am in So. Orange County as well and looking for a nanny or other childcare arrangements for 2 full days a week. Would you be interested in hiring someone to share duties? I'm doing some research for what is available in our area or areas surrounding my city. If you'd like I can pass them on to you as well.

• If you want to email me you can ... I'm not exactly close to you (I'm off 17th Street and the 55 Freeway ... technically Santa Ana but essentially Tustin).

Rates are going to be VERY depenedent upon where you are at ... my rate for 2 full days per week is $110/week or $400/month (I discount if you pay by the month).

My email is kim at plumfieldschool dot com.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Oh and I should have prefaced that with my rates are based on a potty trained 2.5 year old (I don't take children under 2.5 ... will on a case by case take one at 2 years 3months) ... potty training runs $20/month. :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

• Kim,  I did remember your school and checked out the website last month.  My daughter is not yet 2 and not potty trained so your school is not yet a fit.

Rekim,  thanks for the response.  Where exactly are you located?  How old is your child?  I am not sure how sharing would coordinate but would love to explore and benefit from any results of your research.

michele 7071 at yahoo

Thanks!

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

• Michele,

I know it's not a fit for S now ... but if you have any questions about schools, etc please don't hesitate to email me ... I try and help where I can!

Kim

Our Journey to Brenden

3 babies waiting on ice

• If you are interested in in-home daycare the OC child care association has free referrals by region. That's how we found our daycare.

https://www.orangecountychildcareassociation.org/referralsnew.htm

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Here are some links that may help.

For accredited daycares:

https://www.naeyc.org/academy/search/ 

For licensed daycares:

https://www.ccld.ca.gov/docs/ccld_search/ccld_search.aspx 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"