Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Why do so many people on these boards misspell....

ridiculous??  Is spelling it with an 'e' the cool way?  Am I missing something here?

Re: Why do so many people on these boards misspell....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This defiantly annoys me.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Loading the player...
  • imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    I don't know, but it makes me stabby.

This.

• I don't mind typos and misspellings, but I see this one a lot, so I was wondering if I don't get it.  LOL...
  • imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:
    This defiantly annoys me.

I believe the correct spelling is definatly, at least according to some.

Not to me...  I spell it this way:

definitely

• imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Ah, you are correct. But please don't be so...judgemental...I haven't had much sleep lately. 

• imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Yeah, I see that alot.

•  I think it is due to the cutesy shortening of ridiculous to "that's ridic." When people say ridic, it's pronounced REdic...hence the wrong spelling. I think.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Doh!  I get it now, you are being funny (I think).

• imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    Your all stupid!

Awe, that's just mean.

• It's everywhere like that and every time I see it I have to hold back from correcting them.
  • imageashleysynyshyn:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Ah, you are correct. But please don't be so...judgemental...I haven't had much sleep lately. 

Your making me noshes.

Ha ha, wait a minute, I might have just had a snark fail (a snail, if you will). Is it "judgement" with the 'e' in the middle in Canada? If so, I apologize for my United States-centrism.

• imagescoutkate:
    imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Yeah, I see that alot.

imageimage" mce_src="image">imageimage" mce_src="image">

• Wtf Bump? I inserted ONE alot. Just one.
  • imageKJmashup:
    imageashleysynyshyn:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Your making me noshes.

Ha ha, wait a minute, I might have just had a snark fail (a snail, if you will). Is it "judgement" with the 'e' in the middle in Canada? If so, I apologize for my United States-centrism.

Don't be blew, KJ. Snail happens to the best of us.

• I am also sick of people wanting "piece of mind".  A piece of whose mind?  What are you going to do with it?

It's PEACE of mind, people.  As in, calm thoughts, less anxiety, etc.

image image
  • The rediculous thing, I think for a lot of the older posters, is a hold-over from TK and TN.  The same with MorAn, JealousE, and Walla. 

My favorite, though, was one from Married Life about a year or so ago: panflete.

You figure that one out.  It's hilarious when you do. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageCinemaGoddess:

The rediculous thing, I think for a lot of the older posters, is a hold-over from TK and TN.  The same with MorAn, JealousE, and Walla. 

My favorite, though, was one from Married Life about a year or so ago: panflete.

???  Pamphlet???

• imageCinemaGoddess:

The rediculous thing, I think for a lot of the older posters, is a hold-over from TK and TN.  The same with MorAn, JealousE, and Walla. 

Wait, is that supposed to be pamphlet?

Sweet, baby Jesus.

Another one I like?  Stocker.  As in, I am Sookie's stocker because I peer in her windows at night.

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • imagehopkins5:
    Wtf Bump? I inserted ONE alot. Just one.
    I think it's better with 5. A lots.
  • imageKJmashup:
    imageashleysynyshyn:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageashleysynyshyn:

imageKJmashup:

Your making me noshes.

Ahem... from the all-knowing wikipedia:

In a non-legal context, spelling differs between countries. The spelling judgement (with e added) is common in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context. The spelling judgment without the e is however often listed first and in any case without comment or regional restriction in major UK dictionaries.[5]Devil[7] In British English, the spelling judgment is correct when referring to a court's or judge's formal ruling, whereas the spelling judgement is used for other meanings.Music In American English, judgment prevails in all contexts.[9] In Canada and Australia, in a non-legal context both forms are equally acceptable, although judgment is more common in Canada and judgement in Australia.[10] However, in a legal and theological context, judgment is the only correct form. In New Zealand the form judgment is the preferred spelling in dictionaries, newspapers and legislation, although the variant judgement can also be found in all three categories. Usage in South Africa is similar to that in Australia. The spelling judgment is also found in the Authorized King James Version of the Bible. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tend to cringe a little every time I see any type of grammar mistake. That's probably because I'm an English teacher and can't help but look for mistakes in writing. I have learned to stop correcting my husband...his grammar sucks:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEllaHella:

I always read it RED-iculous and assumed it was on purpose to exaggerate the first syllable, like Hi-larious.

Then again I thought FTW was Fvck that Hor.  So what do I know?

HAHAHAH. Love it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imageashleysynyshyn:
    "hammie downs"

This is my favoUrite. I like it alot.

• What, are you like trying to give people 'advise' on spelling and 'grammer'?!?

• imageashleysynyshyn:
    I also remember someone talking about getting "hammie downs" back in the tri days.

OMG I loved hammie down 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imagescoutkate:

imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    Your all stupid!

Awe, that's just mean.

AH! So glad I'm not the only one who hates "awe".... on FB my 2 young cousins & their friends use it all the time and it makes me nuts.

Though not as nuts as my BIL who "should of" failed english class in middle school, I think. Gah.

• i'm loosing my mind!
  • imageelmoali:

imageashleysynyshyn:
    I also remember someone talking about getting "hammie downs" back in the tri days.

OMG I loved hammie down 

Hammie downs was my fave.

• Although I'm not a big time poster, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading every last one of these posts. They are funny as shiiit!
  • imageMamaNikita:
    i'm loosing my mind!

This one kills me. How do so many people not know the difference between lose and loose? I see it on here and on facebook all the time. LOSE. It's a 4 letter word. Get it right!

• Walla drives me up the wall(a).  So does "I need to loose weight."  Sometimes I have to walk away.  Also, that was a lot of alots.
  • ::cringe:: 

I didn't learn how to spell ridiculous until someone called me out on the baby boards.  And I just recently learned how to spell definitely, thanks to spell check in an email the other week. I would have bet money that it was spelled with an A...  ain't that some shiit.

But I did see this gem once- someone was out "running aarons."  I always felt bad for the Aarons, they must be tired... 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Many people are horrible spellers in general.  My husband is one of them :)
  • I suck at spelling so that doesn't generally bother me too much. Wrong versions of a word drive me crazy, though. How do people not know the difference between to/two/too, or there/their? That is more on facebook, than the bump though. Using "advise" instead of "advice" also bugs me. 

• This thread is devine. Congrads!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"