1st Trimester
Options

8 week checkup- first appt

I just booked my first prenatal appointment- it will be at 8 weeks.  How many of you waited that long for their first appointment?  What can I expect?  Did you bring your DH?

Re: 8 week checkup- first appt

• Options
    My first appt is today.  Depending on your doc, I'd expect an ultrasound at 8 weeks.  I'm taking DH.
  • Options

imagelcg81:
    I just booked my first prenatal appointment- it will be at 8 weeks.  How many of you waited that long for their first appointment?  What can I expect?  Did you bring your DH?

My first appt with my OB was at 8w5d. Your appointment is actually a little earlier than some. 

Also, DH has been to every appointment with me. I may be a weirdo, but I also take my mom to appointments. Our NT scan next week will be the first one she hasn't been to. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first appt wasn't booked until about 9 weeks. they aim for between 8 - 10 weeks.  First actual US wasn't scheduled until 12 weeks, but I did get one at 8 :)
  • Options
    Because my dates were messed up... I wont have my first apt until 13 weeks... Ive already had an u/s at 7 weeks. And yes I will be taking my DH to the first apt... hoping to hear the heartbeat then!!!
  • Options
    My first appointment is scheduled for 8 weeks and then I have another one at 10 wks where they said they'd do the first Ultrasound! I can't wait!

• Options

My 1st OBGYN appt was awkward with DH there b/c it was like a regular exam...PAP smear, checked breasts and felt inside and uterus...lol DH was like "errrr....why did I come to this?" haha we thought we'd hear heart beat. Nope.

OB scheduled us for 1st U/S at 8 weeks and that was good to have DH along for.

Next OB appt is scheduled for 12 weeks and my doc said we'll check for the heartbeat to hear it for the 1st time. Very excited! :)

----------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Visit The Nest!
    ----------
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    ----------
  • Options

My doctor wants me to come in at twelve weeks. I went in at seven-plus because I was having pain, but they won't be doing any of the actual blood testing etc. until I hit the twelve week mark.

I think it's just because of the whole viability thing, really. And I'm in Canada so things are different ;) 

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• Options
    My first appt is next Tuesday & this is my first baby. I've been going CRAZY.. it's felt like forever. I asked if we could have an earlier appt, but I think it's just the procedure for this OB. Keep your head up. Hopefully time will pass by quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I made my appointment today and i'ts at almost 8 weeks. They wanted it to be around Christmas, which would be around 9 1/2 weeks but I will be out of town. It seems like it is going to take forever for the appointment to come.
  • Options

Mine will be at 8 weeks exactly.  They will do it as soon as 6.5 weeks, but I couldn't work my schedule to accommodate the available appointments.  With my DD, my first appointment was at 7 weeks. 

At my practice, they do an internal ultrasound--so DH went for the first one.  He probably won't go for this one since our lives are a bit crazier now that we have DD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"