Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby hates playmat!

We spent a small fortune on what I would have thought she liked - but she hates it! Tummy time, back, you name it!

The dogs play with it more than she does.  LOL 

Does anyone else's LO dislike their play mat? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby hates playmat!

• Options
    so lay down with your LO and make it a fun time..there's nothing to hate about it..you just have to really be involved in it,,lay down on it yourself with baby on your chest or something
  • Options
    DD isn't diggin hers yet either. We lay with her and sing and all that, but she still views it as a form of torture.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is the same way. But he loves his playmat now. I just layed him under it and I layed next to him and showed him all the toys and what they do. Since a week no he is really playing with the toys. I put some different ones on there too. He really likes those rings you snap together. They are easy to crab for them. We are still working on tummy time. I started now laying him on top of me. He still doesn't like it but I keep trying it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Give it some time. Once LO can bat at/reach for toys they might get more interested in it. DD2 will lay on ours for 20 minutes or so just chatting with herself in the mirror, but DD1 didn't like it until she was a little older.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine hates hers too! I keep trying though.
  • Options
    my lo hates tummy time on the playmat but spends a solid 20 mins on the playmat when she lays on her back...ours has lights that flash and change colors so it attracts her attention in addition to the music. If urs doesn't have something like that, maybe that might work better for you as well...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"