November 2011 Moms
Options

I can't believe I am still pregnant.

Baby boy got 8/8 points on his biophysical profile yesterday, which is great.  However they estimated his weight to be around 9lbs.  DS#1 was induced at 10 days past his due date because of low fluid levels, but he was only 6lbs 12 oz.  The doctor at the ultrasound place made it sound like this kid is huge and suggested I discuss having a c-section with my OB and kept asking if i have Gestational diabetes (i passed the 1hour glucose test way back when). My midwife and OB do not want to induce me because I had a very complicated induction  that almost went to a c-section with DS, but they also said that they don't do c-sections because of size unless the baby is thought to be over 10lbs.  My next appt is Monday.  Last Monday I was 1cm dilated and 30% effaced.  I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug yesterday, so that's good.

Prior to all this I was hoping for a drug-free delivery, even if it meant waiting until 42 weeks, but that was when i was expecting a 7 lb baby.  Now I'm totally freaked out and very frustrated. Ugh, just had to vent a bit.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!

Re: I can't believe I am still pregnant.

• Options
    Good luck and hang in there! Remember those weight estimates are VERY approximate... is it +/- 1 lb or 2? Either way, not so huge! Have they discussed any natural induction methods? I hope the little one decides to make an exit soon!!
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"