Military Families
Options

Baby disappears from DEERS on 1st birthday?

Has this happened to anyone else?  I took DS to get his flu shot today and he showed up as ineligible in their system.  Tricare is closed since it's Veteran's Day, but DH double checked his info in DEERS.  DS is totally missing from DEERS.  It's like he doesn't even exist anymore.

We just had his 1 year appointment on 11/2 and everything was fine.  The receptionist at the pedi's office said he was dropped from Tricare in October, so I'm assuming on his birthday.

DS and I have Standard and I'm still in the system.  I

Re: Baby disappears from DEERS on 1st birthday?

• Options
    Did you register him after he was born? If he wasn't registered within a year, he will automatically be dropped. If you did register him, then it was obviously an error that an be corrected on Monday. DD was dropped from Tricare. You have 60 days to register them. We were waiting on the birth cert. And SS card. We registered at like day 50, and we were told she was dropped because they didn't have her SS number. I had 60 days, but Tricare can be douches.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLissa832:
    Did you register him after he was born? If he wasn't registered within a year, he will automatically be dropped. If you did register him, then it was obviously an error that an be corrected on Monday. DD was dropped from Tricare. You have 60 days to register them. We were waiting on the birth cert. And SS card. We registered at like day 50, and we were told she was dropped because they didn't have her SS number. I had 60 days, but Tricare can be douches.

Oh yes, he was registered.  It took several attempts at submitting his paperwork because something we had previously sent always seemed to be missing.  Who knows.  I'm honestly surprised the federal government can operate at all on most days.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I worked in the various military treatment facilities over the last 11 years, and have never heard of this.  DEERS information does not go away.  Seriously. If an active duty member is married 5 times, all the previous spouses will still show up in DEERS.  They will show as ineligible, but they will be there.  Maybe his name was misspelled or something? 

I would go to the MPF on Monday to see what's going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm betting they misspelled his name or mistyped some other information! 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Where'd you go for the flu shot? MTF or out in town? I know I went to Walgreens once and they kept insisting they needed to input MY social for the shot... after 3 tries I made them put in my husbands and guess what, I was there. The person at the counter was new and didn't realize that we have to use the husband's social and name to find us in the system.
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I guess I'll find out tomorrow (C's one year well baby is tomorrow morning).

I got dropped from DEERS when my husband hit 5 years of service after commissioning.  The only thing we could figure was that because the general commitment for a servicemember is 5 years after commissioning out of the Naval Academy... so maybe someone somewhere made a mistake in inputting things...

It was funny because he was deployed when he hit 5 years of service.  He is also an aviator so his commitment was much longer originally.  Anyway, when I called and they told me that I could only laugh.  I was like ummm... he's deployed...  I imagined them gossiping about how I was probably some dumb wife whose husband had gotten out of the Navy and run off with some hot chick under the guise of deployment....  :D

Anyway, my husband went to his administrative people in his squadron and they took care of fixing it for him.  We never did figure out WHY.  But it was a simple fix.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options

The name thing actually isn't a bad idea.  Connor was in the system twice (at least the medical records system).  Once as Connor P.  and once as Connor Patrick.  It made it confusing because his immunization records were like a puzzle... some here, some there... everything looked incomplete.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

You have to remember that TRICARE does not run DEERS enrollment.  Whenever you have an issue with DEERS, talking to the TRICARE people will not fix the DEERS computer system, you need to go to your ID/DEERS office on base. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    imageShana419:
    I would double-check on the name thing too, James was listed as Baby Boy (Lastname) for the majority of the first year, even though I corrected it at every visit.  GL!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree on the name thing. I've had so many screw ups, both in and out of the Army system, because my name was screwed up  (My middle name starts with an E and can be easily added to my first name and it usually is!)
    Married August 23, 2008!

My little angel RIP August 12, 2010 - September 5, 2010

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"