Austin Babies
Options

Someone asked me to share "work stories" (this one is NOT funny)

https://www.kvue.com/news/One-killed-in-single-car-accident-133679508.html

You see how the back of the car is trying to touch the front? Yeah, that's bad. When people get pulled out of wrecks like that, they come to us. We do all we can and pray/hope for the best. I can't discuss details but they are young and it breaks my heart.

Some mommies are going to get very bad news this morning and at least one will never celebrate another Thanksgiving or Christmas with her son.  Crying

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Someone asked me to share "work stories" (this one is NOT funny)

• Options

Broken Heart

I don't know how you do it but I'm thankful there are people like you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Broken HeartCrying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJess.O:

Broken Heart

Yep.  I have people tell me this all the time, and I've seen some bad bad stuff, but I could NEVER be a paramedic or ER nurse/med staff.  Any hospital medical/nursing staff, actually.  Not for me.  As it is, I have had to do more notifications than I'd ever want to, and they are the.absolute.worst.  Crying

• Options
    imageamyliisa:
    imageJess.O:

Broken Heart

Yep.  I have people tell me this all the time, and I've seen some bad bad stuff, but I could NEVER be a paramedic or ER nurse/med staff.  Any hospital medical/nursing staff, actually.  Not for me.  As it is, I have had to do more notifications than I'd ever want to, and they are the.absolute.worstCrying

I once had to tell a friend of my sister's mom that they'd been in a car accident (they were fine, just needed a tow and a ride--before the advent of cell phones) and she melted on me.  Flipped the eff out.  I guess I'm not good at breaking news to anyone.  But I couldn't do that on a daily basis.  No way, that is just too hard.  :(  I'm sorry you have to.  I know it comes w/ the territory, but man, it's gotta be draining.  

• Options
    Geezus, Taytee, there should be a warning in the title of this post. I opened this thinking it was going to be another funny pregnancy test story.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

imagerssnlvr:
    Geezus, Taytee, there should be a warning in the title of this post. I opened this thinking it was going to be another funny pregnancy test story.

I did, too. SO sad.  Thanks for doing what you do--that is not an easy job.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yep, I thought it was going to be a funny story about foreign objects stuck in weird places or something.  Not this sort of thing at all.  This sucks (but you don't suck, obvs.).
  • Options

eep! Sorry. I'll make it up to y'all. I swear.

It's just usually cases like this don't get to me. At all. I'm pretty numb about it. Which I guess can be unhealthy but I can't do what I do through tears so if I'm going to cry about something, it's gonna have to wait until later. This case bugs me for many different reasons. I'm starting to be old enough to be a mom of some of our Trauma patients and it's throwing me for a loop, even more than caring for sick kids of my daughter's ages.

I'm going to sleep now.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sad.  I don't know how you do it either. :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Well this line is odd: "?EMS had to cut them out of the vehicle,? said Cpl. Weathers."  Note to media: wrong group- there are only three trucks in Austin that carry those tools. I would be super impressed if they arrived before AFD, as well.  I do not doubt that EMS saves lives every single day, it just bothers me when media posts inaccurate info since they're the news and all...

Sorry, off topic. I had to check the time to make sure DH wasn't at work. It was a full moon last night- which always brings in the worst. That's a heartbreaking story, I don't think a person could ever get used to that. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"