Trying to Get Pregnant

Laparoscopy with chromotubation

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone out there has had a Laparoscopy with Chromotubation? I am a mother of 3 (ages 11, 7 and 5) and we are trying to conceive one more time. I never had any trouble conceiving my first 3. I actually got pregnant very quickly. Im 27 years old and its been 5 years since my last child was born. My doctor thinks I may have endometriosis or some left over scar tissue from my last pregnancy (due to the fact that she was born emergency c section) She wants to do a Laparascopy and clean out my tubes also. Has anyone had this done and could you please share your experience? I am scheduled at the beginning of December. Thanks so much! :)

Re: Laparoscopy with chromotubation

• I had both done, along with a hysteroscopy last year. My experience was different from most as my body was riddled with crap. I have stage 4 endo and lots of cysts so it was complicated. They went in through my belly button and 2 small incisions near my hips. My recovery was long and hard, but I believe it was because my surgery ended up Taking little over 3 hours and I had a lot going on in there.

as my experience was complicated, it might e easier if you have specific questions about it I can answer.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Oh I see. I'm sorry to hear about your complications. I had an ultrasound done and luckily there were no cysts. Just some fluid in my left ovary. I have a friend with stage 4 endo and PCOS, so I know what a struggle that can be. :( How soon after the procedure did you become pregnant? Also, I am having the procedure done within 10 days after starting my next period. Do you know if they usually advise you to wait until the following month to try to conceive? I was just a little worried about the dye. Thanks so much for replying! Its nice to talk to other ladies who have been through this stuff. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelakemom3:
    Oh I see. I'm sorry to hear about your complications. I had an ultrasound done and luckily there were no cysts. Just some fluid in my left ovary. I have a friend with stage 4 endo and PCOS, so I know what a struggle that can be. :( How soon after the procedure did you become pregnant? Also, I am having the procedure done within 10 days after starting my next period. Do you know if they usually advise you to wait until the following month to try to conceive? I was just a little worried about the dye. Thanks so much for replying! Its nice to talk to other ladies who have been through this stuff. :)
    I actually had it done about a week before my period was due. I had to abstain completely that month, and they generally don't do the procedure late in your cycle in the event that you did have sex and could be pregnant, but my dr trusted me and I knew what was best for the outcome I wanted.

Having said that, I got very lucky and was cleared for sex 3 weeks after surgery. Though it hurt, we trucked through it and that was my bfp cycle. I had my surgery feb19, and found out i was pg on march 27. That doesn't happen for everyone, but they do say that you are your most fertile in the first couple cycles after the surgery.

What about the dye is borthering you? Since I was under anesthesia for the whole procedure I wasn't aware of the dye being pushed through. It took 45 minutes for them to clear my tubes and my dr told me that the other surgeon wanted to call it a wash but she said no and kept trying. She told me the whole OR clapped when the dye finally pushed through.

since you're having the surgery done around cd10, my guess is that you will have to wait until the following cycle. You and your body are not Going to be ready for sex that soon after surgery.

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Oh ok. Yeah thats what I was thinking as well. Im ok with the dye, I just had heard that its suggested sometimes to wait until the next cycle to make sure all of the dye is out of your tubes. :) And yes it sounds like Ill definitely be waiting until the following cycle to try. Thanks so much for your advice! Are you going to try for anymore children?
  • imagelakemom3:
    Oh ok. Yeah thats what I was thinking as well. Im ok with the dye, I just had heard that its suggested sometimes to wait until the next cycle to make sure all of the dye is out of your tubes. :) And yes it sounds like Ill definitely be waiting until the following cycle to try. Thanks so much for your advice! Are you going to try for anymore children?
    We'd like to for sure, but I'd have to have the surgery again and even then my dr says my chances are slim.

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"