Austin Babies

my friend almost had a baby in her driveway today

OH MAH GAW.  So remember the friend that I took pictures of on Tuesday?  She was set to be induced tomorrow (due next week, she was induced with all 3 of her other kids).  Today at 11:30 she calls our other friend and asked her to come watch her DD b/c she was having contractions.  Friend got there at 12:05, pregnant friend was on the couch in full blown labor, neighbor helped her to the car, and her water broke before she could get in and I guess she started screaming that the baby was coming out.

Made it through the 1.5 minute drive to the hospital, got in, and baby was out 10 minutes later.  Her husband got there just as the doctor came in to catch the baby.

EEK!  I guess 4th babies don't waste any time? 

the bug & bee blog
(read it. you know you want to.)
anderson . september 2008
vivian . february 2010
mabel . august 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: my friend almost had a baby in her driveway today

• imagemlf625:

OH MAH GAW.  So remember the friend that I took pictures of on Tuesday?  She was set to be induced tomorrow (due next week, she was induced with all 3 of her other kids).  Today at 11:30 she calls our other friend and asked her to come watch her DD b/c she was having contractions.  Friend got there at 12:05, pregnant friend was on the couch in full blown labor, neighbor helped her to the car, and her water broke before she could get in and I guess she started screaming that the baby was coming out.

Made it through the 1.5 minute drive to the hospital, got in, and baby was out 10 minutes later.  Her husband got there just as the doctor came in to catch the baby.

Did she drive herself there? OMG I would have freaked.
  • imageNessia:
    imagemlf625:

Did she drive herself there? OMG I would have freaked.

No, her neighbor came over to drive her so our other friend could stay at the house with the kids.  I guess the neighbor went into the delivery room with her because the DH hadn't arrived yet and almost ended up watching the baby be born.  

the bug & bee blog
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • omg.

I have heard way too many of these stories lately! Kiiiinda freaking me out...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRach03k:

omg.

Umm... yeah.  This.

Especially considering my BFF will be coming from Barton Hills to Gtown (20 minute drive, if she speeds, with no traffic.  Way more if she does it legally!) to stay with DS when it's time for me to head to the hospital.  Yikes!

What a great story for your friend, though!  Congrats to her (and I saw your pics on FB - great job!!)

• Holy crap.  This is my worst nightmare.  I'm glad she made it to the hospital in time!
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageamyliisa:
    imageRach03k:

omg.

Umm... yeah.  This.

Especially considering my BFF will be coming from Barton Hills to Gtown (20 minute drive, if she speeds, with no traffic.  Way more if she does it legally!) to stay with DS when it's time for me to head to the hospital.  Yikes!

What a great story for your friend, though!  Congrats to her (and I saw your pics on FB - great job!!)

Oh, you'll both be FINE.  Just tell whoever is coming to help with your other LO(s) not to waste any time.  Our friend who was going to watch the DD went home first and put her groceries away.  Oops. 

Thanks about the pics.  I really love the one of her on the hardwood and the one of her with her daughter.  :)  2 out of 100 isn't so bad.  Ha!

the bug & bee blog
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • My cousin had her 2nd kid on her couch.  Not on purpose.  She started having contractions/water broke, called her MIL to come over to watch kid #1, walked down the stairs, got to the couch, MIL arrived about 5 minutes later, firemen walked in right after, boom!  baby. 

So yeah, she had to go furniture shopping with the quickness.  Because, yuck.

• imagejoyco:

My cousin had her 2nd kid on her couch.  Not on purpose.  She started having contractions/water broke, called her MIL to come over to watch kid #1, walked down the stairs, got to the couch, MIL arrived about 5 minutes later, firemen walked in right after, boom!  baby. 

Did she write a blog post about this by any chance?  I read a blog (pretty sure it was rec'd on here) a couple years ago where this exact thing happened...

• This is the kinda thing that fuhreaks me out.  :-/
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • eek!

my friend had hers in the hospital, but the nurse had to dive to catch him. She stood up after going to the potty and literally he just popped out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just to freak everyone out more, here is a story about a Nestie that posts on another board with me. Crazy. 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59948089.aspx 

https://www.krdo.com/news/29706326/detail.html 

Sorry no clicky- I'm on the iPad and nursing.  

• imagetxbabs111:

Just to freak everyone out more, here is a story about a Nestie that posts on another board with me. Crazy. 

Indifferent WoW!

DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
    10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.
  • imageamyliisa:
    imagejoyco:

My cousin had her 2nd kid on her couch.  Not on purpose.  She started having contractions/water broke, called her MIL to come over to watch kid #1, walked down the stairs, got to the couch, MIL arrived about 5 minutes later, firemen walked in right after, boom!  baby. 

Did she write a blog post about this by any chance?  I read a blog (pretty sure it was rec'd on here) a couple years ago where this exact thing happened...

Yep, she did.  I probably posted it when he was born (3 years ago), she's since deleted her blog (darn it).  Crazy.  Then the news came to the house to interview her b/c the firefighter who ended up delivering the baby, it was his very first day on the job.  Talk about hazing!  hahaha.

• imageKitkatishbakk:
    imagetxbabs111:

Just to freak everyone out more, here is a story about a Nestie that posts on another board with me. Crazy. 

Indifferent WoW!

I am FB friends with her, her first post after was something like "had unplanned home birth this morning" and I thought "hmmm that doesn't sound good" and then I found out later she was ALONE?  Superwoman!  I might have just fainted.

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Most fascinatin post of the day, for sure. Wow. I kinda feel like, it beats the heck out of 24+ hours of labor right?! (Not me, just women in general. I only made it to 21 and had druuuuuuugs).
  • imageKitkatishbakk:
    imagetxbabs111:

Ho.Lee.Chit. Indifferent  and Ick! and Crying and Tongue Tied and of course, Yes for her!

I know that a couple of you all know her, so I know this is definitely not the case, but for a half a second I was tempted to call MUD.  It's just such an incredible story and she told/wrote it so seemingly calmly!  Again, I know it's not, but almost seems like it could be!  Amazing.

Indifferent WoW!

• This was my worst fear when pregnant.  Craziness! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"