Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Moby Challenged?!

I finally went and bought a Moby as I posted awhile back about trying to find a carrier that is "friendly" to a c/s recovery...

I can't for the life of me figure out how to securely and comfortably wear this thing much less feel it totally supports my DS---am I doing something wrong? I tried both the gathered and the folded looks...I feel like I'm just wearing a roll of fabric?!

I am hoping to wear DS this weekend as I can't take his stroller and would love any tips on how to wear him (kangaroo style, I think would be best)?

Any tips appreciated! TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moby Challenged?!

• Options
    You probably just aren't tying it tightly enough. It should feel more like you're wearing a tight workout shirt before you put him in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah... and I've found that it LOOKS like jumbled up fabric until you put LO in it, especially if you do the gathered method. But like PP said, make sure it's nice and tight, and then just try it out. Practice makes perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try using a mirror, that way you see what your doing. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    One of the easiest ways to get used to it is to do it one someone else.  I studied the instruction book, then made DH my model so I could test it out.  Then tried it on and used a teddy bear (or a doll, pillow, or something baby sized), and that really helped.  Also, I prefer the Newborn hug hold - I feel like it is more secure for DD and you can tuck their head in the flap.  Also, you can look stuff up on youtube (very helpful!), and I know there is a lady on TB that specializes in wapping/wearing.  I think she is on the attachment parenting board.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And practice with a doll.  I wore Mickey Mouse around the house a few times :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The first few times I tried it I couldn't get it. I had my mother help me tie it once and that helped tremendously. I haven't had any trouble since then. I also watched a couple You Tube videos.
  • Options
    imagermj80:

I watched several youtube videos. That helped a TON. How old is your LO? I used the newborn hug hold until mine was about 6 wks old and then switched to the regular hug hold. My LO is always happy in his Moby and I like it too. It's way more comfy than the backpack style carriers...I wish I would have had one with my DD!

ETA: I also do the folded wrap...the gathered one seems unstable to me.

My DS is 4 weeks old. Thanks for the tip--I'll try out the  NB hug hold!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I finally love my Moby and so does LO! But I have to say, I'm short (maybe not so short but 5'4") and I feel like when I'm setting it up on me, each side drags on the floor unless I bundle it up so I'm not a fan of setting it up, but once I got it, I got it and LO stays in for a long time :)
  • Options
    imagermj80:

imageCTteach1331:
    I finally love my Moby and so does LO! But I have to say, I'm short (maybe not so short but 5'4") and I feel like when I'm setting it up on me, each side drags on the floor unless I bundle it up so I'm not a fan of setting it up, but once I got it, I got it and LO stays in for a long time :)

I'm 5'1 so I understand what you mean, but the part that drags never touches baby, so it's not really a big deal.

I tie the ends around to the front and double knot it so it's not so long, plus I prefer not to feel like I have a tail. Lol 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

my advice:

-keep the fabric from getting twisted

-use a mirror

-tie it tight, it'll stretch to fit the baby in

-if the fabric is too long when tied, try wrapping it around your back and tying it there. i'm 5'1" and 106 lbs. that sucker needs tied in the back. it's SO much fabric.

-keep practicing with baby so that you'll both feel confident enough to use it in public, but be prepared for people to stare. they stare at me anyways. someone even laughed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLadyVi33:
    Yeah... and I've found that it LOOKS like jumbled up fabric until you put LO in it, especially if you do the gathered method. But like PP said, make sure it's nice and tight, and then just try it out. Practice makes perfect!

I just have to say your pix of your LO  is so stinking cute.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"