Attachment Parenting

Intro and wrap sizing question

Hi all!

I've recently started lurking on this board and realized that I probably belong in your group! I love baby wearing and have decided its time to try woven wrap. I currently own a Moby, beco, mei tai and an ergo. 

I have looked around and I *think* I am going to get a Girasol, but don't have a clue about sizing.

Can anyone give some tips on how to pick a size? Also, what are your favorite wraps and why? Any help is appreciated!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro and wrap sizing question

• My first woven was a size 6 (4.6m), I wear a size 12/14 in clothes.  I chose a longer size wrap so that I can experiment with multiple carries & see what works for me.  I like my size 6 but now I am going to branch out to size 4's (3.7m).  I have tried a size 4 and know that I can RTIF (ruck tied in front) comfortably & at the moment that is my go to carry.  The longer the wrap the more options you have as to types of carries you can do.

At the moment I have two size 6's & I am going to order a size 4 this week.  My stash will be complete with another size 4 and a size 5.Wink  (not to mention I am dying to get my hands on an onbuhimo!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Size 6 is great for new wrappers.

Once you get more experienced you can probably get away with a 4 or smaller.

Google "Didymos sizing" for a detailed chart.  Happy shopping!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the help!

Any suggestions on where to get one used? Or is that not a good idea?

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepurplick:

Thank you for the help!

Any suggestions on where to get one used? Or is that not a good idea?

Used wraps are like your fave pair of jeans--soft & cozy.  Go for it !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"