St. Louis Babies

Daycare Costs

Anybody have some insight on the average cost of daycare in the area?  We're not due until June, but it's about that time of year again to be re-enrolling insurance plans, dependent care flexible spending accounts, etc.  I'd be interested in enrolling in a dependent care FSA for the last few months of next year when I'll go back to work, but I don't have a good idea of how much to budget, and those of you that know FSA's know that if you don't use it, you lose it!    What is the range you're seeing in your area?  We'll be looking around Ballwin/Manchester/Chesterfield/Creve Coeur type areas if you have specific information.

Re: Daycare Costs

• We live in St Charles and we pay 220 p/wk. That includes all food and snacks, activities and that reserves the baby bed and highchair specifically for my daughter. No other baby will be placed in her bed if she stays home that day.

I work in Chesterfield so I did contact a couple daycares in the area when I first started my search and found that it is definitely more expensive in west county. The Goddard School in Chesterfield, though they have a great program, is $1230 p/month for a 1yr old. If you have the money, go for it!

If in-home daycare is an option then go to your surrounding churches or grocery store bulletin boards to get the babysitting list. That is significantly cheaper but it depends on what youre looking for.

HTH!!

• I agree with PP also most I have found in that area are about $300/week for any daycare that does lesson plans and activities with the infants.  They do not provide formula or diapers for the infants.  Costs typically get cheaper the older the child gets and they do provide food. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefutureTerwelp:

We live in St Charles and we pay 220 p/wk. That includes all food and snacks, activities and that reserves the baby bed and highchair specifically for my daughter. No other baby will be placed in her bed if she stays home that day.

I work in Chesterfield so I did contact a couple daycares in the area when I first started my search and found that it is definitely more expensive in west county. The Goddard School in Chesterfield, though they have a great program, is $1230 p/month for a 1yr old. If you have the money, go for it!

If in-home daycare is an option then go to your surrounding churches or grocery store bulletin boards to get the babysitting list. That is significantly cheaper but it depends on what youre looking for.

HTH!!

Where is this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I'm also in St. Charles, and I found costs to be the same.  Costs vary greatly depending on if you are using a center or in home and the hours you need care.  We only need care part time that changes from week to week, so in home makes much more financial sense for us. 
    If you're going to use in home, I would recommend care.com.  We used that site to find our sitter, and we also found several other applicants who looked good.  You have to pay for a membership, but google coupon codes first b/c there are a bunch out there.  You can cancel your membership after just 1 month.
    We have friends who use the Goddard School (but out here) and have been very happy with the care their daughters receive there.

• I'm so sorry I didn't respond sooner! I didn't get the email saying there was a response.

It's called Beth Academy and it's off of Hwy K on the 40 side. It sits right behind Culvers if you know where that is. I highly recommend it! It's very very clean and I feel extremely comfortable with all of her teachers there. They have a finger print recognition system for entry and check in/out, security cameras in each room and on the playgrounds and entrance, all the teachers and staff are trained in CPR and First Aid and they say all of them are degreed in elem. education or early childhood development. 

Also, her teachers there have my cell phone number plugged into their phones so if they get a cute picture of my DD on their phone, they send me a text update and pic. It's the highlight of my workday!! :)

The website is www.bethacademy.com and phone num is 636 928 0505 if you want to call to set up a tour.

If you have any other questions, let me know! Ill be happy to answer and I promise to check back more often!! :)

Take care!

• Our daughter goes to Good Shepherd School for Children in Creve Coeur (off Olive and Timber Run). It's a great environment and an inclusion school that also takes kids with special needs. Full time Infant - 2 yrs is about $1240/month. I think that's about average for this area. We've been very happy with our experience there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"