Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pushing for 4 hours between feedings instead of three

Our Pedi asked that we try and push for four hours inbetween feedings at night now; however my girls wake up every three hours like clock work for the most part. 

Anyone have suggestions or advice on making this happen?

Re: Pushing for 4 hours between feedings instead of three

• Options
    how old are they? i believe in feeding on demand so i don't know why the pediatrician would reccomend this?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pediatrician recommended we keep her to 3-4 hours between feedings...DD has reflux and the pediatrician thinks she might be digesting really slowly, and more frequent feedings were hard on her acid level.  She was pretty much to 3 hours anyway so it hasn't been much of a stretch...if she wakes up earlier I try to stretch her with a pacifier, playtime, etc.  That said, if she is is obviously hungry I do go ahead and feed her no matter what.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What was the reasoning? How old are they? I wouldn't make a hungry baby wait just to make it to a certain hour mark.  DD STTN for the most part so to make up for it she eats every 2 - 3.5 hours as a rule. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I do not find it strange that a child could go for 3-4 hours without feeding at night. DD does this most nights now. However if she woke up at three hours and was hungry I would just feed her. I would not force her to wait another hour. 

OP - did your pedi give a reason for this? I agree it sounds a little odd. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Here's a crazy idea: feed then when they're hungry. That way they'll learn to eat when they're hungry as opposed to when the clock tells them to. You'll set then up for a lifetime of healthy eating habits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"