North Carolina Babies

Visiting Charlotte - need park recommendation

Hi all! I live in the UK and am visiting my In-Laws in Charlotte. It's our first time here with toddlers (the last time we visited, we just had one kid and he was a baby). Can anyone recommend a park with a nice playground area suitable for a 2.5 year old and a (very mobile) 1 year old? Thanks! 
imageimage

Re: Visiting Charlotte - need park recommendation

• Welcome! What part of Charlotte will you be staying in? That will make a big difference as to parks close by.

For central Charlotte, Freedom Park is very nice and has a nice playground as well as a lake with ducks, etc and a paved path around the lake if your 2 yr old has a trike or something.

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • If the weather is not great, you can take them to Imaginon. It's a children's library with a great play area that they will enjoy. It's free also!

Suzanne Rinner became a star 11.30.10 A setback is a setup for a comeback!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekjennnn:

For central Charlotte, Freedom Park is very nice and has a nice playground as well as a lake with ducks, etc and a paved path around the lake if your 2 yr old has a trike or something.

We were in Charlotte this weekend and Freedom Park was awesome!!! DS loved it.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Thanks for the suggestions so far! We're staying in Providence Plantation. I was looking online at Idlewild (sp?) Park. Might try that. ImagineOn sounds nice too! Thanks!
    imageimage
  • I'm not so sure about Idlewild Park...some parts of Idlewild are fine, others not so much. Not sure exactly where it is on Idlewild (the closer to Matthews the better)- maybe someone else who has been there can chime in?

William R. Davie park off Hwy 51/Pineville Matthews Rd has a nice playground, and I believe it is fenced in too which would be great for your LO. Nice area too, and not too far from Providence Plantation.

From the map Colonel Francis Beatty park is closeby and lists a playground and some other things, I haven't been there personally, but its in a good location.

I would definitely check out Freedom Park if you want to drive a little further, there are lots of good restaurants and things along East Blvd too.

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"