Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

diaper rash...

LO has a diaper rash. What do you use for a diaper rash?  We have been changing him whenever her is wet. Then I also pat his butt dry, I heard this helps too.  I have used both buttpaste and desitin.  What have you guys been doing for a rash?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: diaper rash...

• Options
    We use Burt's Bee's and the Butt Paste.  We use it at every changing, not just when she has a rash.  So far, so good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    you shouldn't use anything with zinc oxide in it yet--their skin is too sensitive.  our pedi rec. A&D ointment and it worked for us in 1 day.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO had a really bad diaper rash when he was on IV antibiotics.  We soaked him in an oatmeal bath twice a day and let him play naked on a towel for about 20 minutes afterward...we kept a cloth over his little peter to avoid accidents.  Then we put extra strength Zinc Oxide (40%) on his little bottom before putting his diaper back on.  It took about a week and it completely went away.  I have always been anal about putting a thin coat of diaper cream on my kiddies bottoms at every diaper change so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    DD had a really bad rash and butt paste was the only thing that helped to clear it up.  We would slather that stuff on at every change.  Our pedi also recommended to give DD a bath everyday (at 2 weeks old) but only use soap every 3rd day... and to add a tbsp or two of white vinegar in each bath.  I also gave her an hour or so of air time a day until it cleared up.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we are just using A&D currently
  • Options
    LO had a diaper rash that just didn't seem to want to go away no matter what we did.  The pedi. suggested A and D ointment.  I helped a bit but it didn't go away.  We ended up going back to the pedi. and he suggested that we try Critic Aid paste.  It isn't sold in stores and had to be ordered online (we got ours through Amazon).  Amazingly her diaper rash was cleared up by the end of the day!
  • Options

I use Butt Paste, but what made the biggest difference was switching to fragrance-free wipes.

Even at 3 months, DS's skin was sensitive enough to have a reaction to Pampers SoftCare wipes. Younger babies are even more sensitive and a reaction to your LO's wipes is more likely than real diaper rash.

• Options
    I put a layer of Aquaphor on at most diaper changes as a preventative meaure. If he actually gets red and starts to form a rash I will apply triple paste.
  • Options

We tried Desitin and it didn't seem to be working.  My grandma swears by constarch, so I used that for about 2-3 days and the rash cleared up.  Once every 1-2 days I let LO's bottom air out by putting him on a towel for about 10 minutes or so.  We haven't had diaper rash since.

• Options

imagejonnygurl76:
    you shouldn't use anything with zinc oxide in it yet--their skin is too sensitive.  our pedi rec. A&D ointment and it worked for us in 1 day.

my pedi told me the exact opposite when i called about DD's crazy diaper rash.  we are using Desitin and it seems to be clearing up nicely.  

imageimage

• Options
    When my son was in NICU he got diaper rash. The Dr. ordered something called ILEX. it is not prescription but also not sold in all stores. look it up on the internet. I am sure you can find it. It worked great.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"