2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else eating lots of Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Reese's, Snickers? Does this really cause an all

I read some stupid article about how people think the Royal couple is preggers because she refused some peanut butter...whatever...artlicle states that in Europe, pregnant women are not allowed to eat PB...what the heck...I am loving it?

Re: Anyone else eating lots of Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Reese's, Snickers? Does this really cause an all

• Options
    I have even heard a couple moms that were in my breastfeeding group say their OB's suggested against it because of the possibilty of future allergies.  My MW on the other hand suggested it because I'm not a big meat eater and am always in need of more protein.  When I was pregnant with DS, I probably went weeks straight having a pb sandwich every day and he's fine.  We even broke the wait until 2 years old rule for him and he LOVES pb now.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    I ate a ton of PB when I was pg with J. I had meat aversion and so I had to get my protein other ways. I read after that there may be a correlation between high levels of peanut ingestion during pregnancy and milk allergies in offspring. Juliana was allergic to cow's milk her 1st year of life.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh brother! I am not worried about eating peanuts at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, I eat pb.  I eat it on celery, apples, bananas and sometimes a spoon.  Pretty soon pg women won't be able to eat anything because they keep coming up with reasons why its bad for you. 

Maybe Kate Middleton just doesn't like peanuts!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That was the first I'd heard of it.
  • Options

I read somewhere (and I'm too lazy to find the article again) that if you have immediate family members with nut allergies, it MIGHT be a good idea to limit your peanut intake, because it could possibly contribute to future allergies. That's a whole lot of "maybes" as far as I'm concerned. And the article also said that if no one in your family has known nut allergies, there's no reason to limit nut intake. 

Personally, I've been eating a ton of peanut butter and peanuts because I really haven't wanted any meat.

Maybe Kate Middleton has a family member with a nut allergy?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have heard of this before, and I think in the case of Kate, there may be something to it, actually.  When she does get pregnant, I am sure he pregnancy will be micro-managed like crazy.  They will want to do everything possible to make sure that baby is super healthy.  So even though science has demonstrated only a weak link between maternal peanut consumption and later allergies, I bet Kate won't be eating peanuts during pregnancy.  Peanut allergies can be serious and I'm sure they don't want the possibly future king of England dying from eating a peanut as a kid. 

Or, maybe she doesn't like peanuts.  

I haven't been eating peanuts for a couple of years now.  I found out they trigger migraines for me.  Finding that out was AWESOME.  I avoid peanuts and I hardly ever get migraines anymore.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The article I read said that she gave William "a knowing look" as she checked the ingredient list. Why would you need to check to see if peanuts were an ingredient in peanut paste. lol. It makes me wonder if it's something else she's avoiding.
  • Options
    imagefrostnoel:

Yes, I eat pb.  I eat it on celery, apples, bananas and sometimes a spoon.  Pretty soon pg women won't be able to eat anything because they keep coming up with reasons why its bad for you. 

Maybe Kate Middleton just doesn't like peanuts!

Seriously!

"Doctors have long warned pregnant women to avoid peanuts..." ummm...not really!

Anything she was offered and refused would have resulted in the same rumor: 

Kate refused to eat a marshmellow!!  She must be expecting her own little royal marshmellow!

People need to get a life.  This kind of obsessive media attention is what killed her mother in law.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageTambcat:
    The article I read said that she gave William "a knowing look" as she checked the ingredient list. Why would you need to check to see if peanuts were an ingredient in peanut paste. lol. It makes me wonder if it's something else she's avoiding.

Bahahaha! The "knowing look" thing cracked me up!

Yeah, if you need to check to see if there are peanuts in peanut butter, you're just stupid.

It seems MUCH more likely that she was checking the calories or fat content. Have you seen how tiny she is?? There's no way that girl eats tons of peanut butter. 

• Options
    I've never heard of this.  I love peanut butter and will continue to have it!

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

I read somewhere (and I'm too lazy to find the article again) that if you have immediate family members with nut allergies, it MIGHT be a good idea to limit your peanut intake, because it could possibly contribute to future allergies. That's a whole lot of "maybes" as far as I'm concerned. And the article also said that if no one in your family has known nut allergies, there's no reason to limit nut intake. 

Personally, I've been eating a ton of peanut butter and peanuts because I really haven't wanted any meat.

Maybe Kate Middleton has a family member with a nut allergy?? 

Peanuts are not nuts.  You can be allergic to peanuts and not regular nuts.  So it wouldn't matter if your eighth cousin had a nut allergy, it was not caused by their mom eating peanut products.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My dinner last night was a PB sandwich.  I am really not worried and plan on eating PB/ peanuts throughout.
  • Options
    I think the only time pregnant women are advised to avoid peanut butter is if there's a family history of really severe peanut allergies. Otherwise it's totally fine.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i think it's b.s.

also, the article i read referred to what Prince William was eating as "peanut paste". wtf is peanut paste? i wouldn't eat it either.

(i bought a big bag of mini Paydays at halloween, and i'll be eating them all myself because hubby doesn't like them. delicious protein!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am from the US but am delivering in Europe. Not one doctor has mentioned that I cannot have peanut butter. I am going to ask, but it won't stop me. I, like others, put it on sandwiches, celery, apples, etc. Its a great snack and a source of protein!
  • Options

Ha ha... I read that too!  I had no idea that you "weren't supposed to eat lots of peanuts" when you were pregnant.  I think there are some theories out there that they cause peanut allergies in kids, but it hasn't been proven. 

I've been enjoying LOTS of peanut butter - especially peanut butter cups :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"