South Florida Babies
Options

Boca Area Pediatricians

Hi girls! I am expecting late December and we are starting our Pediatrician interviews.  Anyone have any recommendations?  We want to find someone that is OK with a delayed/alternative vaccination schedule.  Thanks!

Re: Boca Area Pediatricians

• Options

we go to Boca Pediatrics (east boca but they have a west boca office)...usually see Dr. Suzanne Laskas...but Dr. Blanco and Dr. Wexler are also great.  Dr. Laskas goes to our church and is the sweetest ever...awesome bedside manor with the kids.

My other rec would be Dr. Paul Christakis in east Boca...also excellent. He is also friends through church.

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    We see Dr. Anastasio at Advanced Pediatrics, and the other pedis there are good, too. They are located in a medical building just across from West Boca hospital on 441. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Raffaela, very loyal to your greek compatriots, huh?? ;)

Laskas is a very sweet dr BUT the office is not very friendly to alternative and delayed vaccinations especially NOT Averkiou (although I heard from someone that he recently left the practice). They are one of the oldest practices in Boca, my husband went to them as a kid so we took our kids there, too but found them to be a bit too :"old school:" and quick to prescribe antibiotics. (not Laskas though)

Cristakis is SUPER nice I really liked him but he works very closely with the practice mentionned above so if he is sick or out of town, they are the ones who cover for him and vice versa. That is how I met him. he is also very supportive of nursing which I liked.

We take our boys now to Dr Cohen and Sheinker (Palmetto and Jog between Winn Dixie and Sweet Tomatoes) and really love their office. We very rarely wait, they can always see us quickly and respond very quickly when my kids are sick or whatever. I also love the fact that they remember each of my kids and remember their medical history.

HTH!

• Options
    imageVandRicky:

Raffaela, very loyal to your greek compatriots, huh?? ;)

Laskas is a very sweet dr BUT the office is not very friendly to alternative and delayed vaccinations especially NOT Averkiou (although I heard from someone that he recently left the practice). They are one of the oldest practices in Boca, my husband went to them as a kid so we took our kids there, too but found them to be a bit too :"old school:" and quick to prescribe antibiotics. (not Laskas though)

Cristakis is SUPER nice I really liked him but he works very closely with the practice mentionned above so if he is sick or out of town, they are the ones who cover for him and vice versa. That is how I met him. he is also very supportive of nursing which I liked.

We take our boys now to Dr Cohen and Sheinker (Palmetto and Jog between Winn Dixie and Sweet Tomatoes) and really love their office. We very rarely wait, they can always see us quickly and respond very quickly when my kids are sick or whatever. I also love the fact that they remember each of my kids and remember their medical history.

HTH!

LOL, yes...I know them, and I trust them and feel comfortable bringing my children there.  They have always been nice to me...although I chose not to delay vaccines I did discuss it and Laskas would respect my wishes.  Yes, Averkiou left.  He was a quirky guy, but many liked him. lol  Christakis is great...and a father of 10 (I lost count...maybe more) himself is someone else I would also trust to bring my children to.

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    I use Dr. Cutler at Pediatric Associates, and have seen just about all of them.  None had an issue with a delayed vaccine schedule.

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Options
    hands down cohen and sheinker are awesome!  I have been with Dr. Cohen since my first daughter was born.  They have gotten me through many worried nights.  I don't know about delayed vaccination but Cohen is very considerate and does talk through things.  
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"