2nd Trimester

I am so super pissed off right now.

2»

Re: I am so super pissed off right now.

• I forgot to add:

The doctor said she needed speech therapy. She was just never taken to it.

With 435093485903485 people on a military post, people become just figures on a paper. They don't harass you about getting your child into speech therapy, or whatever else.

Also, she cannot attend school. Since she was found to NOT have Autism or anything of the sort, she is required to be potty-trained. And she isn't.

Not because she doesn't get it....because no one tries to potty train her. I got her to the point where she'd sit on it, but her mom yelled at her for being in the bathroom so much that she just stopped. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageateal2490:

I forgot to add:

The doctor said she needed speech therapy. She was just never taken to it.

With 435093485903485 people on a military post, people become just figures on a paper. They don't harass you about getting your child into speech therapy, or whatever else.

Also, she cannot attend school. Since she was found to NOT have Autism or anything of the sort, she is required to be potty-trained. And she isn't.

Not because she doesn't get it....because no one tries to potty train her. I got her to the point where she'd sit on it, but her mom yelled at her for being in the bathroom so much that she just stopped. 

I'm really surprised that the doctors on a military base wouldn't do something.  One of my friends was a pediatrician on base and said that if he had no-shows or if parents weren't following through with their child's care, he would go ahead and call the parent's CO.  He said the change in attentiveness was amazing.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but maybe there is someone that you can/should report this to--maybe ask your pediatrician or OB for resources.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a bit baffled by those who automatically jump on ASD with this little girl.

Neglect, lack of interest from the parents , amongst other things can cause a child at 4 years of age to not have a vocabulary above 80 words and  not be potty trained. These issues should always be looked into first before jumping on such a diagnosis- and that's in life and on the computer. Not every child presenting these problems is autistic. I mean an adult does have to actively participate in teaching vocab and potty training, correct. The child isn't going to usually figure it out completely on their own.

A friend of mine recently adopted a child age 5 from China who was labelled " special needs " at the orphanage. Low and behold, she is not special needs - she was severely neglected from birth on....her head is even flat on one side from being left in a crib 24/7. She had very limited Cantonese verbal skills...but now after her first year in Kindergarten she is thriving and doing just as well as the other children. Her ability to pick up English has been AMAZING to watch. So see where neglect can get you ?

A cousin of mine never spoke words properly at a very young age and then eventually developed her own language. The parents went through all sorts of things trying to figure out what was wrong thinking she was somehow disabled.  Turned out she had a hearing problem  - once fixed everything is perfect now.

I just caution people to not go on auto pilot and jump to DSM manual conclusions on children presenting certain behaviors. Sometimes there are other reasons behind the problem. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"