Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Those with a ~7pm bedtime...

One of the earlier posts asked about late day naps & bedtime, and looks like a lot of babies go down around 7pm for the night.  Are they STTN?  What time do your LO's wake in the morning?  Do they wake in the middle of the night at all?  Do you do a dreamfeed, or not feed them again until the morning? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with a ~7pm bedtime...

• Options
    DS goes down between 7 and 8-depending on his last nap.  For the last week, he will sleep until 4.  At 4, I change his diaper in his crib and he falls immediately back to sleep-it's the weirdest thing.  Before last week, he was getting up about 4 to eat.  Then he is up again between 7 and 8am...but it doesn't necessarily make a difference when he went down.  We use a sound machine and bedtime CD.
  • Options
    DD goes to bed around 7:30 - 8 and sleeps until about 6 am. I don't feed her until she wakes in the morning. I am going to buy the next size up in diapers for night time because she has been soaking them lately.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options

we STTN with 1 wake up to feed usually, the time vaires.  I double feed him right before bed last feeding usually at 6:30, then a top off right before bed 7-7:30ish.  I think I probably need to eliminate this last top off b/c he's waking sometimes in the night with a poop diaper and he never used to do that. 

No dream feed...he wakes right around 8am every morning.

and he use to sleep 10+hours at night right around 3months so I know he can do it all night without the feeding...trying to figure out how to phase it back out. 

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS goes to bed at 7 because he is tired and ready for bed then. Most of the time he wakes up around 1 to eat and then again between 4:30 and 5:30, but on a few occasions he has slept through from 7-4:30. He wakes for the day between 5:30 and 6.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemeg211:

One of the earlier posts asked about late day naps & bedtime, and looks like a lot of babies go down around 7pm for the night.  Are they STTN?  What time do your LO's wake in the morning?  Do they wake in the middle of the night at all?  Do you do a dreamfeed, or not feed them again until the morning? 

E is usually asleep by 7:15. He does not STTN. He gets up anywhere between 7-8am for the day. Sometimes he wakes alot looking for his paci other nights he might only wake twice. No dreamfeed...he will still have a bottle anywhere between 2-5am. One feeding per night. Because it is erradic that he wakes up and drinks a bottle I assume he must be hungry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Her bedtime is 7:30. She takes a 45 minute nap around 5. She usually wakes up once in the night between 3 and 4 am and goes back down until 7/8 am. I do not dreamfeed.

FWIW, I went back to work this week and she is so tired from being at daycare that last night she slept from 7:30 pm to 6 am when I had to wake her up! Maybe this will be the new norm? *fingers crossed*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We start bedtime around 8 DD takes a cat nap around 6.  DD STTN and I have to wake her up at 6:30am to eat and get ready for the day. If she wakes up in the middle of the night I dont feed her. I need to know what a dreamfeed is..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    images00z:

Her bedtime is 7:30. She takes a 45 minute nap around 5. She usually wakes up once in the night between 3 and 4 am and goes back down until 7/8 am. I do not dreamfeed.

FWIW, I went back to work this week and she is so tired from being at daycare that last night she slept from 7:30 pm to 6 am when I had to wake her up! Maybe this will be the new norm? *fingers crossed*

We experienced that too when we started daycare 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it did not last, but maybe it will for you!  This is what prompted my question -she used to go to bed at 9pm and sleep til 6:30, but since starting daycare she is dead tired come 6:30/7pm.  So we have tried putting her to bed around 7:30, but she has started waking in the middle of the night to fuss.  Seems to be fine falling right back to sleep with a paci,  but last night woke at 1am and every 45 mins after that until I finally pulled her into my bed at 4am.  I'm wondering if she's hungry, and if 7pm-6:30am is just too long without eating at 3 months old.  But I REALLY don't want to start giving her a mid-night bottle, to then deal with weaning her off that later.

• Options
     DS was sleeping 6:30- 6:30 without waking up to eat and no dreamfeed, but this changed with crib transitioning and he is up a couple of times a night.
  • Options
    DD goes down at 7:30, wakes up once anytime between 12 and 2, and then wakes again between 4-5. She's then up for the day at 7:00ish. She always takes a feed between 12-2, but not always during her second waking. Right now she keeps losing her paci and some nights we're up multiple times just popping it back in. I think this also started with the transition to the crib and developmental stage.
  • Options
    imagemeg211:
    images00z:

We experienced that too when we started daycare 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it did not last, but maybe it will for you!  This is what prompted my question -she used to go to bed at 9pm and sleep til 6:30, but since starting daycare she is dead tired come 6:30/7pm.  So we have tried putting her to bed around 7:30, but she has started waking in the middle of the night to fuss.  Seems to be fine falling right back to sleep with a paci,  but last night woke at 1am and every 45 mins after that until I finally pulled her into my bed at 4am.  I'm wondering if she's hungry, and if 7pm-6:30am is just too long without eating at 3 months old.  But I REALLY don't want to start giving her a mid-night bottle, to then deal with weaning her off that later.

if she goes to bed at 7:30, is she getting less calories than if she went to bed at her regular 9pm?  If so, you'll need to shift those ounces around so that she gets them during her new 'awake' time.  Like if she used to get around 30 ounces in the 15 hours she was awake, but now she's only awake 12 hours, you'll need to redistribute them (like make each feeding 1 additional ounce, or have her eat every 3 hours instead of every 4, etc).  

FWIW, my DD goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 7 (this week has been more like 6:30) and doesn't wake up during the night at all, so no feedings either.  Occasionally she'll fuss longer than a minute, so I have to get up to put the paci back in, but that's all.  It's been that way since she started daycare at 3 months.  

image  image
  • Options
    LO is usually down by 7:45ish and STTN until about 9/9:30ish in the morning. I don't wake him to feed, but if he wakes and cries for more than 30 minutes I'll get up and feed him. He has about a tbsp and a half of cereal and a bottle in the morning.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageBritsAdaisy Bride:
    LO is usually down by 7:45ish and STTN until about 9/9:30ish in the morning. I don't wake him to feed, but if he wakes and cries for more than 30 minutes I'll get up and feed him. He has about a tbsp and a half of cereal and a bottle in the morning.

wow...you're now the envy of the bump! 

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs.Purdue:

if she goes to bed at 7:30, is she getting less calories than if she went to bed at her regular 9pm?  If so, you'll need to shift those ounces around so that she gets them during her new 'awake' time.  Like if she used to get around 30 ounces in the 15 hours she was awake, but now she's only awake 12 hours, you'll need to redistribute them (like make each feeding 1 additional ounce, or have her eat every 3 hours instead of every 4, etc).  

FWIW, my DD goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 7 (this week has been more like 6:30) and doesn't wake up during the night at all, so no feedings either.  Occasionally she'll fuss longer than a minute, so I have to get up to put the paci back in, but that's all.  It's been that way since she started daycare at 3 months.  

She gets the same amount.  The later 9pm bedtime was working when we could go 3.5 hours between the 5 bottles throughout the day, so the last bottle worked out to be around 8:30, then to bed at 9.  But at daycare, she's napping much less, and therefore they feed her like every 2.5-3 hours.  The trouble is we get home from daycare, she doesn't want to nap, is cranky and hungry by 6:30 as her last daycare bottle has been around 3:30 now.  But after that 6:30 bottle, she's used to the routine where that last bottle when she's so sleepy means its time for bed.

• Options
    He goes down no later than 7:30. His last feeding ends up being around 5 and I don't like to "top him off" so he wakes to eat around 10-11. After that he's been sleeping through the night. Wakes around 6 to eat and then back to sleep until about 8.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Her last feeding is at about between 6:15-6:30. She has an 8 oz bottle. Usually she has a bottle at about 4:30 in the afternoon and then a few hours later the 8 oz evening bottle, which is more like a snack and may only be about 3 oz.

She really does sleep through the night, there are some nights where she is more restless and seems to be searching for the pacifier more and more--but never wakes up from her fussing. I just put the pacifier in her mouth and she settles back down. If she doesn't have a poop diaper in the AM, typically I have to wake her up between 7:00-7:30, depending on the time I need to get to work. If she does have a poop diaper, she usually wakes herself up between 6:15-6:30. She doesn't get changed in the middle of the night, (unless I walk in to put the pacifier back in and I smell poop) she is in a size 2 diaper (one size bigger than her daytime diaper.)

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    We start our LO's bedtime routine at 8pm (bath, pjs, bottle, bed) and he's in bed by 9pm. He sleeps til about 8am which is perfect for us! DH doesn't get home til about 5:30pm and i'd be sad if he only got to spend an hour and a half with DS.. so I really like having a little bit of a later bedtime.
  • Options
    DD goes to bed between 7 and 8 every night.  Before she hit the 4MW, she was sleeping 7 to 5 or so, eating for ten minutes, and then sleeping until 7.  We never did a dream feed.  Now she's all over the place with her wake-up times!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    7pm-5am(ish) to eat and then back down until 7am.
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagemeg211:

DD is about 4 and a half months old and usually goes to bed between 6:30 and 7, but can be up to 7:30.  She STTN until about 7 without a peep, but it's hard to tell for sure when she really wakes up because she's so quiet sometimes that I've had to set an alarm for 7 even though I have a monitor, and every time I go in there she's wide awake!  I do not dreamfeed, and in fact I don't even usually feed her right before bed; I just feed her when she's hungry and sometimes that's an hour or more before bedtime depending on her naps that day.  I don't "top off" before bed.  I use formula, if that makes a difference to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeg211:

LO usu takes a 20-30 min nap b/w 5-5:30.  We bathe at 6:30 and he's usu asleep 7:15.  He's up 12-1, 3-4 and then ~7 for the day.  I tried a dreamfeed twice at 10PM but he only slept till 1:45 both times so I've dropped it.  It wasn't worth me staying up late for that extra hour.  I'm hoping he'll drop that first feeding in the next few months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"