Austin Babies

What kind of life insurance do you have for LO?

I'm looking into life insurance for DD. But I'm not sure what kind to get. We have 30 year term policies on DH and I, but my broker is just sending me universal or whole life. Is that the best thing for a child? What do you have for your kids?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What kind of life insurance do you have for LO?

• You can get a whole life policy at that age for super cheap. DH has one that he has had since a child that is >$25 a month and give about $100,000 whole life coverage.
  • we only have life insurance for DH and me. the way i understand it, it's just to cover our family in case one of us dies to take care of mortgage and replace lost income. we didn't get a rider or separate policy for DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a small life insurance policy for DD. I think it's about $50k? My company offers it very inexpensively. We just got thought because I imagine that if, God forbid, we ever received it, I would be in a pretty emotional state and not working to say the least.
  • Estate taxes could amount to 50 percent or more of your assets so it?s important that you plan ahead. A good estate planning solution is to buy a whole life insurance policy to offset those taxes. Go through the legalities; estimate the taxes that need to be paid and purchase a whole life insurance policy to cover that amount. When you die, your beneficiary will get death benefits from the policy which they could be used to pay off estate taxes. This will leave their inheritance intact.

Denise Mancini
    Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.

• imagedenismancini98:

Estate taxes could amount to 50 percent or more of your assets so it?s important that you plan ahead. A good estate planning solution is to buy a whole life insurance policy to offset those taxes. Go through the legalities; estimate the taxes that need to be paid and purchase a whole life insurance policy to cover that amount. When you die, your beneficiary will get death benefits from the policy which they could be used to pay off estate taxes. This will leave their inheritance intact.

Denise Mancini

• imageMrsMillerTime:
    imagedenismancini98:

Estate taxes could amount to 50 percent or more of your assets so it?s important that you plan ahead. A good estate planning solution is to buy a whole life insurance policy to offset those taxes. Go through the legalities; estimate the taxes that need to be paid and purchase a whole life insurance policy to cover that amount. When you die, your beneficiary will get death benefits from the policy which they could be used to pay off estate taxes. This will leave their inheritance intact.

Denise Mancini

Yes 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"